21. Wife Duties!!!

A U T H O R

"Abhimanyu, wait a minute." Harsh pulled out a paper from his coat and passed it to him, "If you don't mind you and Akshara can accept these if you have no problem." He handed him looking at the cover. "Honeymoon destination Greece." Abhimanyu saw the title written on it opening his eyes wide open.

"HONEYMOON.. means where the newlywed couple goes and does... helpful things like... Uhmm napping, eating new cuisines shopping and maybe fighting. As far as I comprehend, she enjoys all the things except the last one. But will she agree to go?" He was pondering about this while looking into nowhere, Harsh cough brought him back to this earth.

Before Abhimanyu could utter anything else, Harsh started conversing. "So, Anisha's to-be husband owns a cruise. They proposed to have an engagement there, so Bhai Saab planned to celebrate their engagement on a cruise, with our families, shareholders, and family friends." Harsh proceeded while looking at Abhimanyu who looked invested by now.

"So, I guessed if you and Akshara would join, Anisha would be happy." He finished off and started walking to the operating theatre. "Inform Reem, she has an event on the water to manage," Harsh informed him stopping midway through and proceeding back to the OT.

Abhimanyu came into the house, He saw Neil chatting something to Akshara and she was busy writing something on a document. "Bhai, so early? You were missing bhabhi kya?" Neil inquired with a teasing stare but his voice died down in his throat with one glare from Abhimanyu. Seeing Abhimanyu, Akshara who was busy writing something, automatically slid it under one of her books.

"You're early?" She looked shocked seeing him home at that time of the day. "Even at this time of the day, it's still my house I can come." Abhimanyu settled beside them. "Chai?" Akshara asked looking at him, "Nope, Green tea." Abhimanyu told grabbing the magazine on the table.

"Fine," She said looking at him and continuing to read her book, "Green tea," Abhimanyu again stressed on it "Okay But I want chai. So dono Banao." She said slipping through the pages of a random magazine. "So you didn't offer me?" He exclaimed looking at her sitting unbothered, she simply nodded in negative. "Child labor hain yeh," He furiously left the place to the kitchen because he didn't have any option. Also because he doesn't mind doing these weird things for her these days. Of course city's biggest surgeon preparing chai for his wife during peak working hours is of course a strange thing.

"What were you doing before I came?" Abhimanyu slowly asked, She peeked at him with an unsure voice, pushing her hair strands behind her ears. "Woh kuch baat karni hain tumse." She said putting up an awkward smile. "Go Ahead." He looked at her with squinted eyes. "Woh actually," She looked at Neil and again stopped midway.

"Bhabhi, kya aap pregnant hain?" Neil shouted in joy, "What?" Akshara said in a taken-aback tone. "How?" Abhimanyu shouted, "How would I know!" Neil shouted with equal intensity. Akshara looked at both overreacting for no reason. "Nahi, shut up both of you." She shouted in the loudest voice possible because both theories would end up creating absolute madness.

Akshara straighten up and looked at him "Papa advised me to complete my internship at Birla hospital." She said tapping her feet distracting him from the actual talk but he understood she was nervous about something, he looked at her as if signaling her to continue, "That day at the hospital I went to the hospital to discuss this, and after coming back I was about to ask your opinion regarding that. But suddenly you," She went mute midway looking at Abhimanyu to let him understand what she means.