10. Games and Cakes

A K S H A R A

I wasn't angry with him, tbh I am not someone who would yell at someone like that, but exhaustion and emotions that were suppressed just burst out like that. Not a happy thing, but a reasonable one. I am finally capable enough to draw a boundary between us and it helped wonders for me. I don't have a nagging man-child who complains about everything right from my existence. This form of coexistence looked like bliss. He was quiet for a day or two but then started finding ways to start a conversation let's be honest a debate. One day he complained about putting in extra spoon sugar to the coffee, the other day he complained about clothes lying all over the bed. Dozing off before he returns and waking up late is also comforting a lot.

"Akshara," now what he has to whine about, thinking of it I flipped. "What?" I looked at him with a blank face. "The university list for your PhD. I am free a lot this week if you prefer any more data around this time, you can ask." He announced and passed over the list. I took it placed it on the table and continued ironing my clothes.

"Okay" I tried hard but still didn't let my poker face flinch a bit.

"Okay?" now he looked a bit shocked. It did work.

"What else? Should I wash your feet and sprinkle them on my head for giving this list? I already have one papa gave me a week ago." Saying this I motioned him to look at my study table. "Why do you involve him in this stuff?" wait he hissed furiously, wasn't I playing the The-Angry-young-Grumpy women role now?

"Just like how I didn't ask you anything. I didn't ask him anything too. He voluntarily came forward and I couldn't say NO"

"Abhimanyu Birla is the busiest doctor in the whole city, why do you waste time on stuff as trivial as this? Arguing with me" I said with dramatic gestures.

"Because this feels good." He murmured, I heard it, maybe I started imagining things, what else. I should go to an ENT now, god. Thinking about this I slowly kept my hand on the stand and boom planet Earth showed its gravitational force and the iron box docked my fingers.

"Ouch" I cried in pain, my hand not just burned, it almost smashed under it. Abhimanyu came out of the restroom and rushed as he saw me struggling to remove the box without crying.

"You are hopeless Akshara, hadh hothi hain" he started blabbering, my pain aside he looked so cute now the first thing I wanted to do right now is to pull his cheeks. I mean, does he blabber around his patients the same way when they're careless? Thinking of it I chuckled but he gave me a serious death glare and my brain now started processing the pain. I couldn't even move my fingers.

"Ouch" I winced in pain, "Ab hua dard ka ehsaas? Ab tak toh kikiki kar rahi ho?" he said with an irritating voice, I said cute a minute ago na strike it off. Khadoos kahinka.

He slowly applied some icepack and then bandaged the two fingers carefully, seeing the way he is doing it he definitely looked like a skilful doctor. "Wait a minute, you take rest, and" he paused and went to his bag and fished out a box and gave medicine. "Pucca yeh cyanide nahi hain na?" I looked at the sheet suspiciously. "Your brother told me you are afraid of injections, this is just in case you develop any infections and if you don't want" before he took it back I grabbed it and mumbled a plain thank you. I informed my family about this and assured them I am safe and sound.

We all were sitting in a round circle, with tensed faces, and worry lines on our foreheads. I signaled Kairav bhaiyya to go ahead; he looked at his pack of cards with a tense look and looked at everyone again and again. 'UNO' Neil screamed and before we processed his win, I saw him and aarohi giggling at each other. "CHEATING" I shouted.