~threatened to suffocate her~

Beginne am Anfang

"What. Was. That?" The Uley Alpha demanded in a deep growl, all the respect he had, forgotten. Now, there was only a fear for his imprint and his Pack overcoming him.

Billy and Quil Senior looked at each other, a conversation silently passing between the pair through glances and facial movements.

The latter sighed heavily before he turned his head away to lock eyes with the horizon, while his tone was a faint mumble of confusion, "We had believed they were extinct."

"They?" Paul frowned, also crossing his arms.

"Extinct?" Jared tilted his head slightly and the two Elders nodded

"We had believed all of the Noble Beasts were massacred in a massive war against the Cold Ones millennia ago..." Billy added, the uneasiness in his voice apparent, "They can be a formidable ally or a malicious enemy..."

"They were our greatest allies in the war against the red robed Cold Ones, many of them sacrificing themselves simply for our kind to live," Quil IV continued, quietly, the Pack missed the words 'our kind,' "he or she, whoever made that tormented howl... must be the last of their kind, so who knows."

The Black Council Elder rubbed his face with apprehension, a certain dread or perhaps horrid anticipation, "And if the Beast finds their mate..."

The other Elder murmured with his eyes now closed, taking in a deep breath, "It was once said that walking between them and the soulmate of the Creature of Fire was certain death."

Jacob was becoming impatient, now seconds away from snarling at his own father, "What is it, Dad?"

But Billy only scratched behind his ear, slowly shaking his head and Quil Senior took on a look like he had swallowed a lemon, before the Black met each and every pair of eyes of the Wolf Pack, "... a hellhound."

:3

There was not a single word he could use to define the nightmarish misery the Beast felt. It was perhaps the closest thing to actually having his heart ripped from his chest. Might it be?

His mate had run from him. She had barely said a word and then she had run away.

His kind's most greatest fear.

The hellhound truly did believe that she would have freed him from his restraints, but his little beauty had fled, leaving him and practically keeping him trapped in his dark prison once more. But now, there was something more torturous for him in the darkness than the scraps of iron impaling his body.

A hole in his bleeding heart.

The small gap his brunette mate had made, with her not so delicate tumble through the top of the Beast's murky cage, let the rays of dulled sunshine slip down just out of his reach. It teased him with the Lady Mother's light he so desperately wanted and needed to feel on his skin.

To not only feel the pleasure of such, but to also regain his strength to protect his mate from the world, whether she wanted him or not.

The oil black haired Beast greedily took in deep breath after deep breath as the fresh air filtered into his seemingly unending cage. It had been something he had barely been able to do, to breathe, with that cutting piece of iron rammed into his throat. The hellhound rolled his head slowly around his shoulders, cracking out the kinks in his neck.

He had not cried for a very long time, even during his increasing imprisonment but his treacherous bottom lip quivered lightly while his fiery, burnt orange eyes watered for the betrayal of the one he was meant to cherish and treasure for the remainder of his immortal life, loving her, worshipping her, until the day he died.

Which was so very unlikely.

Only a beheading could truly end his life.

The Beast eyed the iron shackles hatefully, trapping both his wrists and both biceps, both ankles and both thighs. Don't forget the one enclosed around his hips. His viciously narrowed gaze fell to the circle of salt lining the ritualistic spell used with the blood of a virgin.

A smirk fell on his thin lips to see that his little beauty had disturbed it, the tiniest rupture in the microscopic white crystals in front of him. She must have accidentally brushed her foot against it, not knowing how important such an act was.

It would enable the hellhound to leave the cave, step right over the salt line, when he somehow managed to free himself from his shackles.

He looked up again, this time with a frown, as he heard footsteps for a second time that day. And he could tell it was still day, for once.

Anyway, they were slow, light and hesitant. But very, very familiar. A breeze of strawberries and flowers made him close his eyes in ecstasy, relishing in the delicious scent that forced his to heart thump with want once again.

His burning amber orbs observed carefully with his raven haired head tilted curiously as a pair of feet descended the eroding stone stairs.

His soul suddenly burst with warmth and joy to see his mate.

But... what was that strange contraption she was holding in her hands?