Prologue

"I did not do it." Aliyah said firmly as she was slammed against the wall. She looked around her surroundings and realized she was trapped in a deserted stairway with two people she had last wished to see on Earth.

"Oh yes, of course you didn't." A boy whom seemed to be older than her stood in front of her with a smirk on his face.

"Then why did we find this in your bag?" Another girl chipped in, holding out a wallet to her.

"I was framed." Aliyah replied, coldly. Obviously, she is. Both James and Lily were the biggest bullies in her school. Everyone knew that. She was just the reoccurring victim that they picked on to satisfy their insecurity needs.

"By who?" sang Lily.

"By you." Aliyah replied without any hesitation or ignoring any consequences ahead and true enough she was met with a slap on her face.

Not on the face again. She thought.

"What do you want? I have nothing. Go find other people and stop wasting time on me." Aliyah asked, tired of the repetitive abuse she had suffered from the Spenvesons and now the two idiots standing right before her.

"But it seems like you're the most interesting people we have found out of all." Lily told her, her long fingernails stroking against Aliyah's delicate face, "Most people would have run away from us. Only you remained headstrong."

"I see no reason to be fear of you." Aliyah replied back, scornfully.

"Oh, you do have something left." James challenged her.

He reached out to her neck and she tried to back away, her back hitting the wall. She knows there is no escape now. She held onto the necklace tightly as she glared at him.

"Not this." Aliyah's heart dropped realizing what they were after for. Her voice began to tremble and her eyes filled with terror as she predicted the bullies' next move.

"Seems like it's something important to you huh." Lily beckoned James and he flipped Aliyah over and slammed her front body to the wall, pinning her body onto it despite the relentless retaliation Aliyah made.

It was no use at all.

Aliyah could feel her tears coming out as she swallowed them forcefully as she struggled to free herself. "No this, please. This is something very important to me. You can take anything but not this."

Wrong move indeed.

"Well, well. Look who's begging now." James taunted as he pressed Aliyah's head against the wall.

"Shh," mocked Lily, her fingers playing with the silver necklace on Aliyah's neck. "I wouldn't want to hurt you too much."

"No!" Aliyah shouted as she felt the pull against her neck, her necklace choking her a few times before it got loose from her neck. Her eyes filled with tears now as she rushed forward to snatch it back before James and Lily could leave but was pushed harshly to the floor by James.

"This will teach you not to mess with us." Lily told her, dangling the gold necklace in front of her defeated face.

With that, the two of them left the stairway, laughing together at their new possession and leaving behind Aliyah who is still on the ground, leaning her back against the wall with tears streamed down her face endlessly.

This is how she lost her most treasured gift, the one and only thing that served as a remembrance of her mother before she passed on.

She led out a devastating cry as if conveying all her grievance into that one cry and not realizing one person was staring down at her at the top of the spiral stairway, witnessing everything that had just happened.