XVII : Lightning's Legacy

Start from the beginning

It was no longer time for stealth as they had reached their destination. They outnumbered the guards by a lot, so charging in would be better than sneaking.

Thalia reached the nearest cell to her. There was a dark skinned man in there, looking like he was in the middle of meditating. Thalia knocked on her glass and the guy was surprised to see someone other than a Crusader.

"Stand back. I'm gonna get you out, okay?" Thalia said. The guy looked confused, but he stood away from the door. Thalia grabbed one of the arrows in her quiver and jammed it straight into the digital door lock. The door slid opened instantly.

"W-What's happening?" The guy said.

"We're breaking you out. Come on." Thalia gestured as gentle and urgently as she could. "We're the Resistance. We came to fight the Crusaders. Can you fight?"

The guy nodded. "A bit."

"Good." Thalia said. "Follow the other Resistance members. Free those who are trapped here and follow them outside, okay?"

The guy looked doubtful. The possibility of freedom after being imprisoned seemed like a dream too good to be true. But he nodded. "Okay.

"Great. I'll see you later." Thalia managed before going to work with the second cell.

After a few more minutes, that loud lightning struck again. Someone was using her dad's lightning bolt for the second time.

"That doesn't sound good." Reyna said.

"Yeah, we better hurry up." Piper suggested.

As much as she knew she shouldn't, Thalia wanted to. "I'm gonna go and help Percy."

Piper and Reyna stopped in their tracks. "That's not part of the plan." Piper said.

"I know, but he's all alone up there. Plus, there's no one here and you guys can hold your own, right?"

Piper and Reyna exchanged looks. "I'll get them out safely." Piper said.

"Good." Thalia said. "You, with me. Tell Phoebe she's in charge." Thalia said to Reyna.

"You got it." Reyna said.

Line Break

Percy did not know how he was still conscious and after that second use. He'd used the masterbolt because the Doctor decided to send in more and more people after him, along with drones.

Perhaps the masterbolt had gave him a spark of energy. Get it?

So he used the masterbolt a second time and by this point, Percy couldn't tell if it was a mistake or a good idea.

His left arm looked like a Thanksgiving turkey that got left too long in the oven. There were black and red spots all over his arms that would be classified as third-degree burns. He literally felt like he only had one arm left.

But his hand wouldn't let go of the masterbolt. On second thought, it was probably the other way around. The masterbolt was not letting go of his hand. Percy tried his hardest to pry his fingers loose, but it wouldn't budge. Maybe Percy's nerves has been burnt and his fingers were stuck in a perpetual gripping gesture until it was healed, but Percy was more than happy to let the masterbolt to go back into backpack mode if he could.

Nevertheless, this was what he was stuck with. Masterbolt on one hand, katana on the other.

Thankfully, his sword hand was functioning well as he parried a baton swing and stabbed a Crusader straight in the neck before cutting down another one. The Crusaders were slowing down their assault, coming at Percy one by one since the Doctor asked for him to be captured alive, but it was getting tiring. Percy was in the fountain the whole time, but the water could only do so much to keep him going. The healing power from water was not instant and it was barely keeping up with Percy's injuries and stamina drain.