16: prime

Warnings: Cussing and angst

Soreness was all Y/N felt when she awoke under the tree in Windrise. She sat up, head aching from her lack of food, water, and poor sleep. Slowly, she stood up. Walking back to Mondstadt city was going to take a good amount of time. But Y/N knew she couldn't avoid him forever, especially in an unfamiliar city with no other money source, other than Dottore.

Once she got back to The Goth Grand Hotel, she walked into the dining hall. Only a few Fatuus were scattered around. She didn't even realize how early in the morning it was. She sat down at one of the empty tables in the corner, hoping none of the other people would question why she looked like such a mess, and why she wasn't with Dottore.

A waiter came to take her order not too long after she had sat down. She ordered The Tea Break Pancakes, just like she did the other day. Once the food was placed in front of her, she wasted no time scarfing down her food and water. Once she had finished her food, it was time to do something she was dreading, but she knew she had to.

She left the dining hall and headed towards the room she had wished to stay in last night. She hesitated before knocking on the door, which was followed by silence. She knocked again, this time it was followed with a strong and hateful "Go away."

She continued to knock without stopping until the door ferociously swung open. Dottore's face was gloomy until he saw Y/N standing before him. He gave a sly smirk while leaning against the door frame. "Hey, you came back." His voice was almost flirtatious. He looked like a mess, he was still wearing the same outfit as the day before, his clothes were tattered and his hair was a mess. It also looked like he had been crying, if that was even for something like him.

"I want to go back to the manor." She said in an unimpressed tone. He looked at her a bit confused, he was expecting her to just fall into his arms and apologize and everything would go back to the way it was before. "I'm not forgiving you so easily." She told him like she could tell exactly what he was thinking.

He started to frown again, stepping aside, and letting her into the room. She opened her luggage and started to put her belongings in it. Dottore sat down on the bed, watching her pack up. "Can we please talk?" He begged.

Y/N ignored his pathetic attempt to talk to her. She grabbed his bag and placed it on the bed next to him. "You're not a child, pack your own bag."

He stood up and grabbed her arm. "You were right, okay? Is that what you want to hear? I shouldn't have hidden things from you!" He put her hand up to his chest. "Just talk to me and we can figure this out!"

She pulled her hand away from him. "I don't want to talk to you! I want to be left alone, but not in a random city. So pack your stupid fucking bag so we can go back to the mansion and we will talk about it when I'm ready to talk." Her anger seething out as she said such.

Dottore backed away as he started to sadly pack his bag. Surprisingly enough, he finished before her. He sadly turned to her as she continued to ignore him. "I'll go get a carriage ready. Come down when you're ready." He said as he walked out of the room, bag in hand.

Y/N deeply sighed, letting all of the tension in her shoulders subside. She finished packing up her bag before double-checking the room to make sure they didn't leave anything behind. Once everything was clear, she headed to the lobby to meet with Dottore and leave.

Once in the carriage, Dottore, yet again, attempted to win her over by begging. "Listen, we don't have to talk about what happened. But could we just have a conversation to not make this hours-long carriage ride stiff?"