4: doll

Warnings: Cursing

        It has been some time since the fight between the two happened. They haven't talked to each other too much since then, but they hold no ill will towards one another. They have both been very busy with their work. That means, Y/N has been working very hard on Dottore's work, and he has been having fun with his little passion projects.

They do occasionally have meals together, requested by Dottore. Just like they are now, having breakfast before another day of work.

"I have to leave for another mission, requested by the Tsaritsa." Dottore broke the comfortable silence.

"Hm, nice" Y/N replied, not really up for a conversation today. She began to pick at her food, silently.

Dottore, not taking to her short reply, continued on. "Yeah! I'm going to be visiting another Harbinger in Liyue city. Should be pretty fun."

"Cool." She replied irritated, again, not wanting to talk to him this morning.

"Well you've been cooped up in this house and town for a while. So," He paused for a moment to look at her "...I was wondering if you would want to join me?"

There was a bit of silence before she sharply replied "No."

It's not that she doesn't want to go to Liyue. She just doesn't want to go to Liyue with Dottore. She knows that she'd become his little errand dog and he'd make her do all these things just because he doesn't want to. She wouldn't be able to go explore and enjoy Liyue like she would want to. So what's the point?

"Oh come on doll, don't be that way. It'll be fun!"

Her eyes shot up with an agitated look in them at the nickname. "Calling me that doesn't help your case, doll," She snapped, flashing another irritated look at him.

He smiled at her, liking how the nicknames have an effect on her. "It'll be fun being in the city. We could go to all the little shops around, try all the foods there, we can even go wine tasting while there, "He bargained, as he was trying anything to make her want to go.

"Answers still no, Dottore," She spoke coldly, turning her nose up at him. "You're going to force me to stay by your side the entire time while you do your 'Harbinger duties.'"

"Well I can't have you running off or getting hurt," He explained, like she'd understand and say yes. But of course that was far from what was going to happen.

"I can take care of myself, Dottore. I was chosen by the gods to get a vision, I'm worthy of it and I can use it to protect myself. I didn't need you before and I don't need you now." She took her vision off herself laying on the table just to make her point. "So unless you let me go wherever I want without you on my ass, it's still a no."

He sits back in his chair with his arms crossed mumbling. "Just because you have a vision doesn't mean anything. I've killed people, their little 'god sent vision' didn't save them"

But she couldn't hear his homicide confession. She started getting up from the table seeing as she's made her point and isn't going.

"Fine fine fine." He says in an annoyed tone. "If you come with me I won't 'be on your ass'," he says in her words, but with a grumble instead.

"Thank-" she was cut off.

"BUT" he announces, he curtly nods. "You're not allowed to leave the city without me, got it?"

She sat back down, knowing they'd be talking about their 'vacation' now. "Got it," She acknowledges with a slight nod of her head.

He huffed, still not being happy with her being able to wander around the city. He was wanting to see this more like a 'couples vacation' than a mission. Her being able to wander off without him wasn't very couple-like and he was upset about it.