Chapter 1

A/N: Did someone say threequel?

It was Sunday the 19th of December, roughly four in the morning when Peter awoke, startled.

He had just finished having a horrible nightmare, it was the second nightmare he had in the past... night?

He woke up very confused.

It was the first day of Christmas break, most people would be leaving Hogwarts, and heading home, but this day had already happened twice, he may have just confused his two dreams for reality.

Now, it was the true beginning of the yule holidays, he and the others were planning on staying at Hogwarts to take advantage of the lack of peers and use it to begin their 'prank week' preparation.

He was still baffled by his double -very realistic- nightmares in one night, but his internal dialogue was shorty interrupted by Sirius waking up with a jolt.

"Bloody hell," Sirius muttered to himself, sitting up and stretching as his shoulder was cramping from the way he had been sleeping.

Peter layed in his bed pretending to be asleep as he did his best to comprehend his dream. It was a rare occurrence that he remembered his dreams, and even when he did, he would quickly forget about them.

Remus was the next to wake up around five a.m, and finally, James who woke up at seven.

In the Slytherin dorms, Regulus was the first one awake in his dorms, soon followed by Barty. Their dorm mates slept soundly as Regulus remembered his horrible nightmare(s) that he had. He remembered the first one that took place at the Black manor and the second one that began at the Potter manor. It was quite an odd nightmare to have, he hadn't been to the Potter manor since his first year, he hardly remembered a thing about the place, let alone anything about Mr. and Mrs. Potter.

Eventually, he trudged out of bed to get dressed and headed down to the great hall for breakfast. Everyone seemed abnormally chipper that morning, everyone was excited to head home for the holidays and to have a break from school.

Regulus went and sat down at the Slytherin table, sitting at the end of the table which was still empty, he ended up being joined by his dorm mates not long after.

"I DIED!" Sirius exclaimed, very loudly to his friends.

"I had a dream where you died too," James told his friend.

"I had a dream where you had a dream where I died," Sirius gasped.

"Well I had a dream where you wouldn't shut up about dying so could we please not repeat that," Remus tiredly chimed in.

"Wait rude, why am I dying and not Wormtail... or Frank!" Sirius complained, catching Frank's attention, who was close enough to hear the entire conversation.

"Leave me out of this, I'm just trying to eat my toast," Frank replied, from where he was sitting with Alice.

"Sorry," Sirius said in a singsong-like tone "Frank, what are you doing for the holiday?"

"Nothing much..." He began and then proceeded to explain how Alice was staying for the break and meeting his family, which was nerve-racking.

"Geeze, good luck. The worst that could happen is they hate her and you get disowned..." Sirius assured, earning a rather hard kick in the knee by his boyfriend.

"Er, I mean, you have nothing to worry about, don't worry. It's just what my family would do... but I'm sure you have a nice family, they've probably never even tried to kill you!" Sirius reassured his pale-looking friend.

"Oh... um, thanks?" Frank replied, questionably as Alice turned to her boyfriend and assured him that everything would be fine and to not listen to the boy.

"Wow, you have a way with words," Remus said monotonously.

Sirius put his arms up in a defensive manner, "I was just trying to help," he claimed.

---

As breakfast rounded up, people headed back to their dorms to finish packing and to grab their luggage to bring home with them.

Regulus had already packed his trunk the night before so instead, he sat on his bed as Barty packed his things.

"Okay, but what if we both stayed here," Barty suggested, "I doubt anyone will miss us," he added.

"Just finish packing already, you're not getting out of this," Regulus reminded his friend who groaned in response.

"Do you think my parents won't force me to eat my mothers dry, flavourless, god-forsaken roast if I tell them I'm vegetarian?" Barty questioned.

"Are you seriously worried about your mother's horrible cooking right now?" Regulus looked at his friend in disbelief.

"Yes," He exclaimed, "Do you not remember how horrible it was last year?" The boy asked. Last year, their family's annual dinner was hosted at the Crouch's where Mrs. Crouch did the cooking, luckily this year the meal was hosted at the Black manor where they'd have Kreacher do the cooking, so their meal would have actual flavour.

"That's fair, it was quite horrible, but there's no way you aren't sick of the school food by now," Regulus commented.

"Well, I can't very well starve, well I can, but I'd rather not," Barty replied, shutting his now-packed trunk and sitting down on his bed.

"Have you spoken to your parents much since the gala?" Asked Barty.

"No, not besides confirming my return over the holiday," Regulus had been surprised he hadn't heard from them to scold him for letting his brother into the manor, as they no doubt knew he'd been there, although they didn't necessarily have any proof it was Regulus' doing, -and it's wasn't- but Walburga would blame him anyway.

"Hm, I kind of expected you to receive a howler the morning after the gala, it was kind of disappointing when we didn't get to hear the lovely cry of Walburga Black over breakfast," Barty stated glumly.

"That just means I'm going to get yelled at once returning home, or it's going to be oddly silent, which might be even more terrifying," Regulus sighed.

It was just past ten when the two friends alone with their dorm mates began to trudge their belongings out of the dungeons and outside of the castle. Just as they were joining the rest of the mass of students, Regulus got pulled away by his brother and friends.

"Tiny Black," James hummed.

Regulus stared at the other with an annoyed expression, when all that was going through his mind was the scene from his dream where he admitted his feelings for the other, and that he liked him back, but it was just a dream.

"So, if you're done giving my best friend a death glare," Sirius interrupted his thoughts. "I've been trying to find you all morning," Sirius exaggerated.

"Mhm, I've been either in the great hall -at the same time as you- or in my dorm," Regulus replied boredly.

"Right, well, either way, it feels like it's been two weeks since we've properly talked," Which it hadn't, in reality, they talked just the day before.

The carriages led by thestrals were beginning to leave with the first set of students, catching Regulus' attention.

"Well let's make it three, as I've got to go," Regulus said, distracted by the departing students.

Regulus began walking away when Sirius called from behind him, "Owl me if anything happens, or if you just want to talk!" He shouted. Sirius was worried for his brother's sake, he will never not worry when the other still lives with their parents.