𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐬

Start from the beginning

   I love love love Keith and his whole mature image, and I looked forward to going back and tightening their story and swooning along with Kennedy. Now...

𝐂𝐚𝐢𝐧

I love how in the fifth chap I posted an author's note confessing to being a dumb bitch for Cain despite that chapter showing his ruthless side—what can I say, I love me a morally grey anti-hero—and then as the story progressed more readers began to like Cain, some even over Keith.

   Fun fact, when I was originally developing this story, the character's name was Clayton Banks, and with that name was an entirely different persona. He was sleazy, and there were even some gross lines he was gonna say to Kennedy in the first chapter, and I think he was gonna grope her. This all served as a stronger means to run. That line where Cain goes "Don't embarrass me" was going to be different from Clayton, he would've warned her that he was going to have her no matter what once they're married.

   For some reason, the name Cain Carter popped into my head, and with it came a different background and person. As I was writing the first chapter with this new name, I discovered Cain wasn't like Clayton, and he had a rougher backstory with his father and origin, and while he's a killer lol, he's no pervert. I'd like to also point out because of the origins of the name, Clayton, this book was never meant to be a triangle, Cain was always meant to be the antagonist.

   I think this all could've just been one book had I kept Clayton as Clayton, but the more I wrote Cain, the more I fell in love with having a gangster.

   I never saw anything romantic or sexual for him and Kennedy. She was totally into Keith. Really, the more I wrote, the more I started to see a sibling feel for Cain & Kennedy. The pestering and banter was fun, and I'd like to see them move past this, which leads me to...

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐤𝐚 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Eden x Cain

I knew I wanted to write this book somewhere along the eighth chapter. I started dropping easter eggs almost immediately.

   The eggs I dropped:

   – Eden / Cain are biblical names.

   – Cain says he liked Kennedy because she had a light to her and he wanted light in his world, Keith notes upon his official meeting with Eden that her energy was "light"

   – Eden calls herself a romantic, and soon after Cain muses that perhaps he's a hopeless romantic

   – The Mister books are about a domineering wealthy man and an ingénue, and ingénue means a young and naïve woman, and Eden is notably considered for her youth and naivety to Keith

   – Cain has never had a homecooked meal he admitted, Eden claims she loves to cook

   Fair warning, tho, that this book will be a true dark romance. Beyond the obvious age gap between the two characters, I will break it down further in the summary page when I post it. I consider TSD to be a "light" dark romance, as it never really crosses too many lines. From the plot alone, TDR is a heavier read. I know that this pairing is taboo, but I've always been a sucker for age gap, and when I think of these characters and develop them, I see them as either twin flames or soul mates.

   I'm calling this a test because folks really was Team Cain and brushing off his ways, and this book will be a true test to how down folks are with a morally grey male lead. Outside of running the casino, he sells drugs on the side and sometimes kills a person, and there won't be any run-ins with the law or cops chasing him. He simply does what he does without consequences, and I'm not saying that to be all glorifying it, I'm just forewarning that there will be a lot of wrong taking place.

   I think Cain is a brilliant character due to his layers. As a true ride or die, I'd help him bury them bodies and weigh them bricks up. Lmaoooooo

   In this book we explored some of Bedford Heights, and in book two we'll focus mainly in Hampton Hills. Words can't express how obsessed and excited I am for Eden & Cain's story. This is low key a found family romance I realize and I'm dying with all the feels.

   As always, I'm forever grateful for those who read this book and supported Kennedy & Keith's story. I have so much fun writing these New Adult books. I like to imagine this story as a soap opera or Asian drama-esque. Just a fun addictive read, and I'm glad you all stuck with it along with me.

Forever thanks,

𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧For lovers

𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
For lovers