14.6

Mia and Gisele are off to the side as Gisele shows Mia how to throughly clean a gun since they had time to kill.

"Hey, Dom," Han says as he walks over to Dom, who meets him halfway. "I did some checking, asked around, got the location of a street race tonight." Roman accidentally shoots the harpoon gun, that Han had brought back with them from Firuz's place. The harpoon sticks in the wall between Dom and Han, who turn to glare at him as he shoves the gun into Tej's hands. Mia and Gisele rush over to see what had happened with guns in hand while Tej points at Roman, who starts looking around as if it wasn't him. Dom leaves to find the race while Mia once again finds herself looking out at the city, wondering where Damon is before she finds herself slipping into a memory.

"Hey," Damon says with a smile as he takes in her beauty.
"Let's go get me a drink," Mia says as she grabs his hand, leading him to the kitchen.
"So, what do you want?" Damon asks Mia as they walk into the kitchen.
"Anything, as long as it's cold," Mia answers with a smile as she leans against a counter. "You know, Dom likes you. He usually doesn't like anybody."
"He's a complicated guy," Damon says as he walks over to her.
"Yeah? What about you?" Mia asks as he walks over to her and puts an arm behind her back causing her to smile at the closeness.
"I'm simpler," Damon answers her with a smile.
"You're a shitty liar," Mia tells him with a smirk.
"Well, I'll take that as a compliment," Damon says with a wink causing Mia to giggle.
"But there's a problem," Mia says with a smile.
"What's that?" Damon asks her as they stare into each other's eyes.
"You need to get some sleep. And you definitely, definitely need a shower," Mia answers him with a smirk. "Come on. I'll take you home."

Dom had just finished talking to Letty before she quickly left, causing him to walk over to his car. Dom stops as another car pulls into the area.
"There she goes, leaving you again," Owen Shaw says as he gets out of the car before he closes his door. "Bloody fickle, she is."
"You want bloody? We could do bloody," Dom tells him with a smirk, causing Owen to slightly chuckle.
"A street kid, starts out stealing DVD players in East L.A., ends up leading a heist for $100 million in Rio," Owen says as he remembers Dom's file, causing Dom to nod.
"Not bad, huh?" Dom asks him with a smirk.
"It's a good story, isn't it?" Owen answers him with a nod. "Almost inspiring. See, what I couldn't fathom is why he's not relaxing on a beach somewhere with that Brazilian number. Instead, he's working with a two bit government hack like Hobbs. And then I realized, he has a weak spot."
"We all got a weak spot," Dom tells him with a shrug.
"You know, when I was young, my brother always used to say, 'Every man has to have his code.'," Owen explains as he slightly paces back and forth. "Mine? Precision. A team is nothing but pieces you switch out until you get the job done. It's efficient which is why I had to get rid of Damon." Owen lets out a chuckle as Dom glares at him. "But you? You're loyal to a fault. Your code is about family. And that's great in the holidays, but it makes you predictable. And in our line of work, predictable means vulnerable. And that means I can reach out and break you whenever I want."
"At least when I go, I'll know what it's for," Dom says with a smirk on his face as he shrugs.

Damon lets out a breath as he gets Owen's face in his cross hairs before a gun is pressed against his temple.
"Don't even think about it, O'Conner," Hobbs says as Damon looks up at him in shock before holding his hands out in surrender.
"I won't make a move unless Toretto is in danger," Damon says as he looks at Hobbs with a serious face, causing Hobbs to nod before setting up his own gun.

"Well, at least you have a code," Owen says with a chuckle. "Most people don't." Which causes Dom to nod in agreement. "So, I'm going to give you a chance. Take your crew and walk away. That's the only way you're going to keep your family safe."
"Your brother never told you never to threaten a family?" Dom asks him with a raised eyebrow to keep from glaring at Owen and provoking him further. "It's a pretty stupid thing to do." Owen chuckles as he nods his head. "But I'll make it simple for you. I'll walk away when she walks away."
"Well, then, it appears this inspiring tale has come to an end," Owen says with a smirk as he looks at Dom's chest. Dom looks down to find a red laser dot from a sniper.
"If that's the way it has to go," Dom says with a shrug as a smirk slips on his face before glancing at Owen's chest. Owen looks down with a chuckle to find a red laser dot and a green laser dot on his chest.
"Let me guess... Hobbs," Owen says as he looks back up at Dom.
"The 'two-bit government hack'," Dom says with a shrug as he repeats Owen's words. Owen laughs before walking towards his car, motioning for his sniper to leave.
"See you around, Toretto," Owen tells Dom as he opens his car door.
"You can bet on it," Dom says as Owen gets in his car before he leaves.