5.1

The next day Damon, Jesse, Dom, Letty, Leon, Mia, Trixie, and Brian are at the garage working on the car

"Got a TR7 here, with a ball-bearing upgrade. What it's going to do is, it's going to spool up really quick," Jesse explains as he, Leon, and Letty work on the engine.
"I got this set up for 24 psi," Letty tells Jesse.
"Got it," Jesse says with a nod.
"You both got big plans tonight?" Dom asks Brian and Damon as they work on the car before they glance at Mia, who is talking to Trixie as they look at paperwork.
"Yeah. We're going out to dinner," Brian answers as Damon nods in agreement.
"You break their hearts, I'll break your necks," Dom tells them with a glare.
"That's not gonna happen," Damon says as he glances at Mia, who catches the glance causing her to smile.
"I want to show you both something," Dom says as he wipes his hands off before handing the rag to Damon. Dom takes them back to the Toretto household before he leads them to the garage. He opens it to reveal a 1970 Dodge Charger.
"Wow," Brian says as Damon nods in agreement with his brother.
"Me and my dad built her. Nine hundred horses of Detroit muscle," Dom explains as he points at the Charger.
"It's a beast," Damon says as Brian nods in agreement.
"You know what it ran in Palmdale?" Dom asks as he looks at them.
"No. What?" Brian answers with interest.
"Nine seconds flat," Dom answers with a proud smirk.
"God," Damon says in amazement.
"My dad was driving. So much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line. Barely kept her on the track," Dom explains with a smile.
"So, what's your best time?" Brian asks as he looks at Dom.
"I've never driven it," Dom answers as he looks down.
"Why not?" Damon asks him confused.
"It scares the shit out of me," Dom answers him honestly before turning and pointing at a picture on the wall. "That's my dad. He was coming up in the pro stock-car circuit. Last race of the season. A guy named Kenny Linder came up from inside, in the final turn. He clipped my dad's bumper and put him into the wall at 120. I watched my dad burn to death. I remembered hearing him scream. But the people that were there said he had died before the tanks blew. They said it was me who was screaming." Dom walks around the Charger while shaking his head of the memory. "I saw Linder about a week later. I had a wrench, and I hit him. And I didn't intend to keep hitting him, but when I finished, I couldn't lift my arm." Brian sits down as he takes in all the information. "He's a janitor at a high school. He has to take the bus to work every day. And they banned me from the tracks for life. I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm free."

Damon walks up to the Toretto household, so he can take Mia on their date. Damon knocks on the door before it is opened to reveal Mia in a dress.
"Wow," Damon says with a smile as he looks at Mia. "You look gorgeous."
"Thank you," Mia says with a smirk before Damon hands her a rose. Mia smiles as she smells the rose before they go inside so Mia can put the rose in a vase. "I'm driving."

"So, how is it, anyways, that the gang came to be?" Damon asks as they finish eating.
"What?" Mia asks him confused with raised eyebrows.
"The gang?" Damon answers her shyly.
"The gang? No, they don't call themselves a gang," Mia says with a laugh while shaking her head.
"What do they call themselves then?" Damon asks genuinely curious.
"They're a team. They call themselves a team," Mia says with a giggle.
"All right," Damon says with a nod. "How did the team come to be?"
"Well, that's a whole lot of history," Mia answers with a smile.
"I've got time," Damon says with a shrug.
"Okay. Vince grew up with Dom. Actually, he didn't ever actually grow up, as you can tell," Mia starts explaining with a slight laugh. "But they were friends as kids. And Letty, she just lived down the street from us. Always into cars, though. Ever since she was, like, 10 years old. So, naturally, you know, Dom always had her attention. And then she turned 16..."
"And then she had Dom's attention," Damon finishes for her with a smirk.
"Yeah. It's funny how that works, isn't it?" Mia says with a smile.
"How does Jesse fit into the whole thing?" Damon asks as they stare at each other with a connection that they weren't yet sure what it meant.
"Jesse. Well, Jesse and Leon just sort of showed up one night and never, ever left. It's just the way Dom is, you know. Dom's like... He's like gravity. Everything just gets pulled to him. Even you," Mia explains causing Damon to shake his head at the last part.
"No," Damon says as he grows serious. "No. The only thing that pulled me in was you. Being friends with Dom is just a bonus."
"That's good," Mia says with a genuine smile. "That's good. It's nice to come first every once in a while. Want to go for a drive?" Damon nods before they leave. Mia speeds down the highway before pulling a quick u-turn. Damon looks at her in surprise causing her to laugh. Mia takes them to the beach before they get out of the car. Mia sits on the hood before Damon joins her.
"So, this is it. This is my beach and that's my ocean," Mia says with a smirk as she looks at Damon.
"And that's your moon," Damon says teasingly as he points at the moon.
"Yeah, it is," Mia says as she looks at Damon. "I'm possessive."
"I like that," Damon says as they start leaning towards each other. Damon kisses Mia before they start leaning back onto the hood.
"Not here," Mia says with a smile before she gets back into the car as Damon quickly follows her. Mia leans her seat back with a smirk before Damon copies her. Damon kisses Mia again before she crawls into his lap. Mia smiles at Damon as he grabs her butt before they go back to kissing.

"Looks good," Damon says as he squats behind Mia, wrapping an arm around her as she puts the decal on the car. Trixie is doing the decal on the other side when Brian walks over to her.
"Thank you," Mia says with a smile as Damon kisses her on the cheek a few times. Dom walks in the garage with a wrench in hand as he slightly glares at Damon and Brian.
"I have to make a parts run for Harry," Brian tells Dom as he stands up.
"I got to go get some parts," Damon says as he and Mia stand up.
"Drive safe," Dom says sarcastically as Trixie stands up.
"Bye," Damon says to Mia with a smile before he leaves with Brian following him.
"Isn't there a test or something you both should be studying for right now?" Dom asks as he looks between Trixie and Mia.
"Don't worry about it, Dom. We can handle it," Mia answers him as she crosses her arms across her chest.
"We know what we got to do, okay?" Trixie says as she glares at her brother.
"No, I am worried about it," Dom tells them as he waves the wrench around while looking between his sisters. "You're both not doing enough of it."
"Get off our backs," Mia says as she glares at Dom before she and Trixie leave the garage.