✧a woman like you ✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Art Deco - Lana Del Rey

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Gwendolyn did not get laid that night as Mariposa had suggested but rather a steamy makeout session with a handsome man with a exotic accent. The exotic accent and the thrill of the moment were enough to help her momentarily forget about her own troubles. As their lips met and their bodies pressed close, it was a welcome distraction from the shadows that loomed over her. She didn't even care to ask about where he was from, as long as he could take her far away from her seldom thoughts.

In fact, she had never shared a bed with anyone before, and she didn't plan on changing that anytime soon. She had never been one to give herself away lightly, for her heart was too precious to be trusted to just anyone. Gwendolyn sought a love that was true, a connection that ran deeper than the fleeting passion of a single night. Her dreams were filled with the hope of a love that would sweep her off her feet and leave her breathless, a love that would endure through the trials and tribulations of their tumultuous world.

She was a hopeless romantic secretly, books of whirlwind romance under her bed that would make her heart ache. The books beneath her bed were a testament to her yearning for love, and the stories within were the kind that made her heart ache with a desire. The dusty books under her bed, forgotten amid the smoke and chaos of her life, whispered to her of a different kind of happiness.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

To Gwendolyn's dismay, she found herself in a rather uncomfortable place - Birmingham, to be specific. The morning had been going smoothly until they were unexpectedly sent to this dreary city once again. The train ride had left Gwen feeling nauseous and uneasy the entire way, so she was relieved to step off the train and finally find some respite. As she stepped onto the bustling platform, she noticed how unusually crowded it was, with hoards of people rushing through the terminal. She glanced at the faces passing her by, secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of those piercing blue eyes that had both scared and intrigued her. However, she quickly dismissed the thought. The man attached to those eyes was nothing but a tempest waiting to wreak havoc, both on others and himself.

"When are we supposed to meet with the Shelby's?" Gwen asked her brother, Malachi, trying to maintain a monotone tone. She didn't want to reveal her slight excitement at the prospect of seeing him. The teasing from her brothers about her schoolgirl crush on a gang leader had been embarrassing to say the least.

"Right now. At the Garrison," Adrian replied curtly, his voice rougher than usual. Adrian's mood swings were always swift but had an underlying reason. However, Gwen didn't have the mental energy to inquire about what had gone wrong this time to put him in such a bitter state.