07

I didn't speak the whole ride back and neither did Timothy till we reached the familiar lae of my home, “Listen, about tonight I like you and I really want you but I don't want to be caught up with the mafia.” he said as he parked the car in front of my house.

I had a lot on my mind but his comment made me scoff. “That's alright I don't expect anything from you but I could use one help” I said and he nodded.

“Could you get someone to grab my car? I left it back at the-” “Dont worry about it, ill get someone to drop it off '' he said, avoiding eye contact. I bit my lip out of habit from slight irritation at his reaction to the entire situation.

I sigh in disappointment but nod and get out of the car, I understand that people just want to save their own back but it's upsetting when you need support the most at that moment.

I walked into the house, switched on the lights and for the first time in a long time I wanted to be around someone, have someone waiting for me at home. Even if it was just mom with her nagging, I missed it.

I got my phone out and decided to video call mom. It rang a couple of times but she didn't pick up.

I throw my phone on the bed and strip out the outfit and place it on the chair in a way that its set right. I removed my make up and pulled my hair in a high bun. I grab my phone and put it on mute.

After setting the temperture for the water i wait for the bathtub to fill, throwing in a scented bath bomb in it and hang my robe before stepping in. I moan as the heated water relaxes my muscles, relieving the stress.

I put my head back and look at the black marble ceiling, my mind wanders back to everything that happened tonight.

I stay in till the water cools down and step out as the water drips onto the mat. I grab the bathrobe, put it on and walk to the kitchen for some fresh juice that I keep stocked inside the fridge.

I put it in a glass and sip on it.

The bell rings and I frown, I look at the time and I feel fear hit me, my anxiety rising as I put the glass down. I grab the baseball bat I kept by the door for humour but now it looked like it would be quite handy.

I switch on the camera outside and find the chief standing there, Diego. He rings the bell again and I keep the bat by my side just in case as I put the chain in to open the door slightly.

“What are you doing here-”
“Let me get inside, there are some men looking for you and I thought it would be better for me to be around in case something happens”

I hesitate but open the door for him to get in, he hurries inside and locks the door behind himself.

He removes his overcoat and I notice that he was in a sweatshirt and joggers.

“What are you doing here at this time, what went wrong?” I ask as I pull my robe tighter around me when I remembered that I wasn't wearing anything underneath.

He notices, “why don't you change, I'll wait in the living room while you get ready and then we can talk '' he said and looked down at me. The height difference was evident even though we werent standing close enough.

Close enough? I internally smack myself for craving his touch. I nod and walk into the room making sure to lock it before letting go of the robe and letting it slip to the ground.

I put on a bra and a long tee with some shorts that were barely visible because of the tee.

I grabbed my phone and noticed that there were a couple of calls from the same number.

I walk out of the room and find him standing by the large glass windows that look over the city. It was a beautiful place but the only problem was getting to the stores as they were slightly far from the place.