06

I look between the two clutching my phone tight in my hand.

Brittany gulps and she holds out her wrist where she wore a watch that was slightly off shade and she is always so particular about her outfits. I start to realize something is off when he takes out a tiny key and locks the watch that looked like a normal watch.

She subtly points to my heels and then I notice that she had removed hers.

I notice the metal glint from the back of the man's waist band. “Good work Brittany I was worried for a minute that I'd have to be harsh with you and she let out a nervous chuckle.

I make eye contact with the guy and slightly wince as I shift to sell my actions and slip off the heels and grab them. “Why are we here britt-”

Before I could complete asking her she dashed to me, grabbing my wrist and tugging me with her and we heard him scream out curses and hear his footsteps. We find Timothy still around pacing by the car when he notices us, his eyes widened.

We rush into the car, screaming and asking him to do the same and fortunately he listens and reverses just in time as the man who was chasing us reaches our car but Timothy was fast and swift as he drove out of there.

“FIND COPS” Brittany yells out and Timothy just clenched his jaw but doesn't question her as he puts in the station on the gps and rushes there. We find two bikes following us and Timothy speeds up.

He curses and looks at the two of us with a frown.

“What mess did you get yourselves in?” he grits out and I look at Brittany who was looking into the side mirror at the bikes tailing us.

She doest answer and I had no idea either except that it looked quite a lot like a hostage situation to me and that she was shaken up.

I see a tear escape her eyes and silently hug her as she leans into my touch, we see the station up ahead and the moment the car stops Brittany was out and rushing in, i followed her in while Timothy yelled curses at us.

I follow Brittany in without paying heed to the surroundings and stumble but a hand reaches out and steadies me. I look up to find a cop standing there.

I hear Brittany screaming my name just as that man pursuing us barges in with a revolver aiming right at me, my eyes widen and I hear a gunshot just as the cop pulls me behind but the shot makes him bang against me slightly. He shoots the man's hand making his revolver fly out of his hand as he falls on the ground screaming in pain.

I'm sure the cop got shit so I turned him to me. “YOU ARE SHOT oh my god I-” “It's okay im wearing a bullet proof vest he didn't hit me directly.” the cop said as he held my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down.

I nod and look back at the man, then at the cop. I let out a shaky breath. “Im okay, im okay” i said as i looked at him and then people finally were out of the shock of what just happened and arrested the man.

I was led into the chief inspector's cabin, he made me take a seat on the chair opposite to the desk and he pulled a chair to sit right in front of me.

“Miss..?” “You can call me Talia” I said and he nodded, “Im Diego” he introduced himself and I nod. I let out a chuckle and another shaky breath. “Um so-” I trailed off and looked away from his eyes. They were so intense.

“You want to know what happened” I stated and he leaned back, “that's my job to find out, I just want to know if you are okay” he said and let out a small smile. “Im way better now” he smirks and I raise an eyebrow and he shakes his head.

I look down and tell him what I knew, “the girl who rushed in before me is my friend Brittany and i've known her for years. The man who tried to shoot me, well he had a hold on my friend in a way. I mean there was this watch attached to her wrist that was off because I know her taste and that watch wasnt her. And then-”. I tell him everything about tonight from her walking out with that man.