"Why is this a topic?" Y/n questioned chuckling nervously.

"Your blushing." Max pointed out "I don't blame you, he's good looking. But not my type." She said looking over Lucas when she was done talking.

Y/n raised a brow, when she noticed the look at her other smaller friend. That definitely was not good, and she knew it. Especially with Dustin already liking her, Y/n just hoped it wouldn't put a hole in the group.

"Okay, yeah, I do like him." Y/n admitted rolling her eyes "But nothing can ever happened, he's my friends ex. And not only that but he doesn't like me, I'm just his friend."

Max snorted "He totally does." She said with a grin "I mean, he keeps looking over at you, quite a lot."

Y/n's eyes widened, and she spun making eye contact with Steve. She had never seen him look away so quickly, as he placed down a sheet of metal. Y/n looked back at Max heart racing.

"He's just...worried, I mean I went through something with my dad." Y/n said shaking her head.

"Whatever you say." Max laughed.

The sun had fallen, and everything was hidden inside the bus. The bus had been reinforced, for the protection of everyone. And the bus was also a little reinforced, most of the windows blocked off. Lucas was at the top of the bus, using his binoculars to scope the area out.

Not only was it dark out, but fog also covered the ground. Steve and Y/n sat next to each other, Steve was flicking the lighter, and Y/n held her gun in hand. Max had gotten sketched out by the gun, but Lucas managed to convince her it was fine. And that Y/n actually knew how to use it properly.

"So, you guys really fought one of these things before?" Max, who was sitting nearby, questioned the two older teens.

Steve lit the lighter, and looked at the redhead. He nodded before flicking it closed again, "Yeah, but it was a lot bigger. Taller and more skinny and pale."

"And you're, like, totally, 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" Max asked.

"Positive, it-"

"Shit. Don't be an idiot. Okay? It wasn't a bear." Dustin, who was pacing in a small pace, snapped in annoyance.

Y/n's eyes widened "Dustin, what the hell!" She exclaimed.

"Why are you even here if you don't believe us?" Dustin asked still sounding very annoyed "Just go home."

Max scoffed and stood up "Geesh. Someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" She asked before climbing the ladder up to Lucas.

"That's good. Just show her you don't care." Steve said nodding in pride.

Y/n glared over at him, and punched his arm "How about you shut it, Harrington." She snapped "Your advice is no good."

"Ow! What the hell, I'm sorry!" Steve whined rubbing his arm.

"Dustin, don't listen to Steve. He doesn't know a single thing about a woman, I swear." Y/n scoffed "You need to show her that you do care."

"I don't." Dustin said Y/n glared over at Steve, who just winked at Dustin "Why are you winking, Steve? Stop."

"Someone's way to fucking grumpy." Y/n mumbled checking her bullets for the sixth time, and Steve went back to flicking his lighter.