Chapter Seven - On Asguard

I was taken to change into some different clothing. Asgard had a equally cool style like earth. I came out and Thor turned around. i saw who he was talking to.

"Volstagg? Fandrall? It great to see some friendly faces." I beamed the bowed towards me.

"Lady Reign."

"You look as even more ravashing in our realms clothing as you do your own." Fandrall complimented and I chuckled

"And you're still a flirt, are you to tell me that in the two years since we last met, you have not found yourself a woman of your own?"

"Many women love my company, but alas no, my fair lady." he bowed his head dramatically. I took Thor's arm.

"And you Volstagg, do you still tell amazing stories, like Thor has told me about so many times." The three of them laughed

"Why yes I do. I could tell you a few if you so wish."

"Maybe another time, my friend. I was just about to show Reign, around the grounds." They bowed their heads and we walked away.

"Where is Hogun and Lady Sif?" I questioned

"Lady Sif is somewhere around here and Hogun is back home helping his people rebuild after out last battle."

"I hope i will see them at some point." I say as we head outside. It honestly was beautiful. I've never seen anything like it. But there was something that had been bugging me

"When you came for me you knew I was in trouble." I spoke

"Heimdall had lost sight of you. You were no longer on earth." he told me. But that didn't seem to make complete sense to me. I knew I was somewhere else but it was the how I was struggling with.

"How is that possible?"

"I believe you were and you weren't. The nine realms travel within Yggdrasil, orbiting migard much the way your planets orbit the sun." He held out hands against each other "And every 5,000 years, the worlds align perfectly and we call this the convergence. During this time, the borders between worlds become blurred. it's possible you found one of these points. We are lucky they remained open. Once the worlds pass out of alignment, the connection is lost." There it was again, a moment. This time no one interrupted as we kissed.

"I like the way you explain things?" we shared a smile, but then mine dropped "What's going to happen to me?"

"I'll find a way to save you, Reign."

"But your father said...." he cut me off

"My father doesn't know everything."

"Don't let him hear you say that." we turned our attention to a woman coming forward, she had a kind smile and a gentle aura but something also tells me you wouldn't want to mess with her.

"Reign Stark, please meet Frigga Queen of Asgard, and my mother." i curtsied

"Your Majesty. It's an honour to finally meet you." I stood back up she held out her hands for me to take which I did.

"As it is you, the girl the ancestors chose for my eldest son. Now tell me what do you think of our home."

"It's beautiful, though I wish I was here under better circumstances."

"So do I, but i have been informed this is not your first brush with danger." I glanced at Thor then back at Frigga.

"No, it's not and if I survive, it won't be the last. I'm sure of it."

"You have the heart and soul of a warrior, a perfect fit for you my son." We heard alarms and I turned my attention to where they were coming from.

"The Prisons." Fridge stated

"Loki?" he thought outlaid.

"Go, I will look after her." he glanced at me an I nodded. He ran off and summoned Mjolnir who took him back to the castle.

"Would Loki really dare to try and escape? Could he even?" I wondered

"My son has many talents, Our prisons should hold him but even then there is room for error. Come, let us return." I followed her back to the castle.

"Send a squadron to the weapons vault. Defend it at all costs, secure the dungeon." I heard Odin before we saw him.

"Odin." Fridge called and we stopped in front of him and the soldiers

"Frigga." he acknowledged "Go!" he ordered and then there were just three.

"It's a skirmish. Nothing to fear."

"You've never been a very good liar."

"Take her to your cambers. I'll come for you the it's safe." I glanced back and with the other soldiers was Lady Sif she caught sight of me as well I bowed my head and she did the same. I turned back to the conversation.

"You take care."

"Despite all that I have survived my queen still worries over me." he held her cheek the turned away.

"It is only because I worry over you that I survive." she guided me away and removed a dagger from a passing guard.

"Listen to me now. I need you to do everything I ask, no questions."

"Yes, Ma'am." I wasn't about to disagree. For once I was out of my depth, this wasn't Killian, The Chaturi, Valko or Stane, not even the destroyer. Whatever was happening it felt like this was just the storm brewing and I was in no position to think like knew what was going on. Not when what was happening was draining the life out of me.

Frigga took me back to her chambers and hid me

"Stay here, quiet and under no circumstances do you come out unless Thor returns. No matter what you hear." I glued and nodded, she waved her hand a a copy of me stood by my side. She looked scared but joined Frigga and she closed the door and I pressed my ear to the door.

"Stand down creature and you may still survive this" I heard Frigga. She was badass Queen, fearless.

"I have survived worse, woman." came the reply of a haunting voice.

"Who are you?"

"I am Malekith and I would have what is mine." my breathing laboured as I felt fear wash over me. I heard a fight ensue, I hope Frigga was winning. Then there was a heavier footstep and snarling followed by the sound of someone finding it difficult to breath. Oh no Frigga.

"You have taken something from me child. Give it back." I presumed he was talking to the other me.

"Witch!" he yelled "Where is the Aether?"

"I'll never tell you." Fridge replied defiantly.

"I believe you." There was a grunt. I covered my mouth to stop any noise coming out and giving me away.

"No!" I heard Thor scream followed my the sound of a lightning strike. Mjolnir whooshing to and from her master. I pushed the door opened and ran around the corner. Odin held a dead Frigga in her arms. Thor ran over to me and picked me up holding me close.

-------

That night a funeral was held for those who had fallen as the were sent on their way to Valhalla. I watched as they sailed away and as their lights flew up to their sky. I was then taken I did what I usually do when things got tough, why my Dad did. I worked. I felt awful, Thor's mother died protecting me. He lost his mother because me and my actions. I stood when when I saw a red shadow cast down on the floor, I walked out onto the balcony the whole city was a crimson red. I gasped

"Reign Stark." I turned around The scene had changed and three guards approached "You need to come with me." I nodded and followed them I was put under guard in new chambers, A prisoner it felt like. Maybe I deserve this after what has happened. I laid down on the bed and fell asleep.