Chapter Five - Oh, Reign.

-London-

I unlock the door to my London apartment. I drop my keys in the bowl and was through the hallway into the kitchen. I was in England because Stark Industries was planning to set up the funding for promising students from urban areas and to secure permits for a science and technology college. I switched on my computer.

"Good evening Miss Reign. How was your day today?" JESSI asked as I made some coffee.

"Exhausting, what is the plan's for tomorrow."

"You have a pretty easy day tomorrow, you only have three meetings one of which is at the site that you have secured for the new campus. You will be speaking to the contractor."

"Okay. Any messages?"

"You have a a message from your father and another from Miss Potts."

"Read them out please." I sat down at the desk

"The first from you father, reads 'Sweetie, when are you coming home? I'm bored and Pepper is busy all the time.' 'Reign seriously I have new idea's for suits so call me back' The next is from Miss Potts 'Reign call your Dad he is driving me insane.' end of messages" I chuckled

"Jesse, call my Dad."

"Calling..."

"Reign, where have you been? I have been trying to get ahold of you all morning." He huffed and I could hear him shuffling.

"I've been busy. What's up, you have some new suit ideas?" i question going through my emails.

"Oh yeah I just decided to build all of them. So what's going on in jolly ol' London." he went all posh in his accent.

"First of all they don't speak like that. Second everything is still running smoothly like it was the day before yesterday. The same time I told you I would call if I needed any help, which I don't right now. So why don't you admit that your missing me and not seeing me everyday is totally messing with your zen."

"Fine it's true." that was as good as I was going to get to him admitting anything.

"I presume Pepper is being a great regent for the company while I'm focused here? Is that bothering you?"

"No, why would it be bothering me? Like you said she's doing great."

"Aww your missing her?" I coo. He scoffs

"How can I miss her when i see her everyday, that is just completely ridiculous." I shook my head

"Well as much as I would love to hear you deny the fact that current things are a little weird for you. It is like 10 and night here. I need to have some food and then sleep. I will check back in with you later okay?"

"Fine, you still have your suit in case of emergency right?"

"Yes, night Dad." I hung up. I ordered some food in, ate and then went to bed.

-------

The next morning I had the chance to sleep in. I had breakfast and went about my day. It wasn't until I reached my 12:00 at the site for the new college. My phone started ringing

"Hello....Yeah?....okay well I'm going to head inside, call me when you get here." I hung up and headed inside

"It's okay we're American!" i heard a familiar voice

"Is that supposed to make them like us."

"Jane? Darcy?" I questioned and they turned around "What are you guys doing here? I thought you were still in the States."

"Reign?" I hugged the two of them. "You're here. Are you following it too?" Jane wondered and I looked at her confused

"Following what?" she didn't answer when we heard footsteps 3 Kids came out. The girl walked closer.

"Are you the police?" she wondered

"No, we're scientists. Well I am. She is..." Jane pointed to me and their eyes widened

"Your the Iron Daughter." I chuckled lightly

"Yeah. What are you guys doing here, Anyway?" I questioned

"We just found it." One of the boys stated

"Can you show us?" Jane asked, the looked hesitant but the ultimately agreed. The led us deeper into the building there there was a truck. one of the kids walked over to it and lifted this tone of a truck up and it spun round slowly.

"Oh my god." I breath.

"Well that doesn't seem right." Darcy commented. The kids told us that there was more and we followed them up a flight of stairs. When we stopped. The second boy grabbed a glass bottle and let it drop but it didn't hit the ground. It disappeared

"Where did it go?" I wonder the girl pointed upwards the bottle appeared and fell disappering again, The bottle was caught.

"That's incredible." Jane breathed then picked up a vim can she did the same but it never came back through "What Happened?"

"Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't." The little girl answered

"This is so cool, I want to throw something!" Darcy chimed "Jane gimme your shoe." I smile as Jane took look at her readings

"This is crazy. I haven't seen reading like this since...well since two years ago." she looked at me

"When Thor came to earth?" she nodded and I looked over her shoulder. "Let's go explore." I pulled Jane away from the others as we liked around the beeping from Jane's device was slowly increasing.

"So what brings you to London?" she asked me

"I bought this site, its one of 15 colleges that were setting up across the world. Science and Technology, scholarships to promising students. Outreach centres to those who are struggling."

"So business."

"Yes and no. After New York a lot of people fell on hard times. I figured it wasn't just them so I started the process to expand beyond America. England seemed like the good first step."

"I saw you on the TV with Thor, but I haven't heard anything else." she replies glancing back and forth

"The bridge that brought him here, he smashed to pieces to stop his brother Loki from being an idiot. The he thought Loki died but he didn't intend he brought the chitari to New York so he could claim an invisible throne. Anyway, it took a lot of mystical energy to make those two trips. What about you, last I heard you were on a remote island somewhere. Can I look at that?" she handed me it and i was trying to make sense. I knew a little of astrophysics but these reading were crazy.

"Yes it was very sudden, then a few weeks back Erik asked us to come here, he'd been getting these sort of..." I felt the wind pick up and the spectrometer go crazy. We were in a hallway. I looked around. then back to where we were originally heading for. I felt myself being pulled I squealed a little and stumbled near to the edge of something. I stood back .

"Jane!" I called out and looked around "Oh Reign, what have you got yourself into now?" I mumble and tuned around I saw these two slabs of rock with a gap in the middle I slowly walked over to it the crumbling and rumbling around me, made me wary. But there was something weird so naturally i was curious. I looked around it. There seemed to be this red glow coming from it. I touched the rock to steady myself as I looked inside. I don't know what it was but it looked like it was moving. It came straight for my hand that was holding on and I stumbled back trying to rid of whatever it was. I looked down at my hand when I began to feel light headed.

Everything went dark.