Chapter Three - Danger, Reign!

"Why were you at the house tonight?" I questioned Maya "What was so important that you had to speak with my Dad?" she hesitated but ultimately spoke

"I think my boss is working for the Mandarin. So if you still wanna talk about it. I suggest that we get someplace safe." I was so confused

"Your boss works for the Mandarin, you think? But Dad said you were a botanist. So..." I trailed off

"That figures. What I actually am is a biological DNA coder running a team of 40 out of a privately funded think tank. But sure you can call me a botanist." I let out a long breath trying to soak the information in.

"This boss of yours does he have a name?" I wonder

"Yeah, Aldrich Killian." she answered and I turned to her

"You have got to be kidding me. Oh that son of a bitch. Now I'm glad Pepper is as far away as possible. Right, so why did you come to my Dad you said you had a thing with him?"

"New Years Eve 1999." I vaguely remembered

"Wasn't he giving a speech in like..."

"Bern, Switzerland. I showed him what, I was working on and then the morning after he was gone."

"Yeah. My Dad was an ass to women. There is only four women in the entire world that he would never do that too."

"Who's that?"

"Me, Pepper, My mom and his Mom. I would say no offence which is true but I'm presuming you're over it, it's been what..."

"13 years and yeah. I'm over it." I grip the steering wheel. to control my emotions. As soon as this was over, I would be beyond happy.

I booked up into a hotel and I cleaned my self up before making the two of us some coffee. I handed her a cup.

--------

The next night the two of us were talking. I had questions and it seemed right now that she was the one to have the answers.

"So tell me what happened." I say

"What Happened? Kay fun fact Before he built rockets' for the Nazis, the idealistic Wenher von Braun he dreamed of space travel. He stargazed. Do you know what he said when the first v-2 hit London? 'The rocket performed perfectly it just landed on the wrong planet. See we all begin wide eyed. Pursue Science. And then the ego steps in, the obsession. You look up, you're along way from shore."

"You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. You gave your research to a think tank." I replied

"Yeah, but Killian built that think tank on military contracts."

"That's what we used to do. The Tony Stark you used to know had the best intentions but he was blinded by the fact the people can have a different agenda that him. When he was kidnapped that all changed, it opened his eyes to so many things. So, don't judge yourself."

"Thank you Reign." There was a knock on the door. Oh that must be the food. I was starving.

"Hi good evening." the waiter smiled

"Good evening, come in." I stood aside just then his neck was snapped it was Killian.

"Maya run!" I yelled going to run away but I was caught in a death grip that was even stronger than Thor's. I was yanked back and pushed against the wall held there by my throat.

"Hi Reign." he turned his head as I struggled against his grip. It was like all the knowledge I had been given flaked on me. Maya walked over, she wasn't scared