Author's Note

So this fanfic is based on the anime Maria-sama Ga miteru. It's a pretty old anime and perhaps act as one of the foundations of Yuri anime. I wrote this short story when I was 16 years old and I published this one under my fanfic account. I decided to transfer the story here since I'm using Wattpad more than the Fanfic site.

Anyways, for those of you who weren't able to watch the anime, Maria-sama Ga miteru is a school based anime. The school is an all-girls, catholic school called Lilian.

Lilian has a peculiar tradition called the Soeur System. The system is where an Upperclassman takes an Underclassman under her care and kind of acts as her guardian. Hence, the younger student calls the older as 'Onee-sama'

What I find weird about the set-up is that to ask the younger student to be her soeur, the Upperclassman will offer a rosary as a token of the act and then they will be like "Please be my soeur bla bla bla". To me it seems like they are proposing and the only thing missing is that the rosary will be replaced by a ring hahahah

Added with the fact that the school is All girls, the Yuri innuendo is clear on this one even though there isn't anything sexual on the anime. It was clearly mentioned though that one of the characters had a love interest.. I think it was Sei? So this definitely adds to the Yuri Points.

Now, onto the Main characters. All of them are part of the Student Council and it is called the 'Yamayurikai'. It is composed of three main titles or positions which are named after Roses.

Rosa Chinensis which stands for red rose. Rosa Gigantea which is for white, and Rosa Foetida which is the yellow rose.

So this means that there are 3 leaders and all of them are 3rd years too. This is then followed by their Soeurs which has the 'Bouton' fixed after the Rosa title. So it goes like 'Rosa Chinensis en Bouton.'

And if the Boutons also has a younger sister, those people are usually called as example 'Rosa Chinensis en Bouton's petite soeur.' I hope it's understandable 😅

Going back, this fanfic of mine was set on the 1st season of the anime. Here are some pictures of the characters so you can visualize them.

-- The 3rd years --

* Youko Mizuno*

- Current Rosa Chinensis/ Red Rose- Most responsible among the 3 leaders and is quite serious- Sachiko's onee-sama

- Most responsible among the 3 leaders and is quite serious
- Sachiko's onee-sama

*Sei Sato