Dress After Dress

Start from the beginning

The witch gave the princess one last squeeze before letting her go with a smile. "You're stuck with me until the end of time and then some." Rapunzel let out a soft laugh as she wiped a few tears that had escaped her eyes. "Until the end of time and then some." Rapunzel repeated back and led the witch to the closet.

(Y/n) noticed something in the closet that also didn't belong to Rapunzel. It was far too big to fit herself and wasn't her typical style either. A soft subtle wave of sadness hit her as she realized who it was intended for.

The witch held the princess' hand as she was about to show off what she had made. "That other outfit there is even more beautiful than anything I've ever seen. I'm looking forward for when she gets to wear it." She said with a soft smile while staring at the outfit.

Rapunzel looked at the outfit intended for her best friend. "Do you think..." She trailed off only for the witch to nod. "She'll come back...the real question though is when. She'll look absolutely marvelous in it and adore you for it." (Y/n) said with a smile as she stared at the red vest hanging around a black long sleeved dress shirt and a pair of trousers folded carefully on the shelf next to it.

The two friends took a few moments to stare at the outfit. Both of them wondering where Cassandra could be and when she will return. They both also wondered if she'd come in peace...or to leave the kingdom in pieces.

Varian had stopped struggling against Lance finally accepting whatever fate he was about to meet. Eugene was trailing behind with a smirk on his face and Varian rolled his eyes.

"Do you mind telling me why you dragged me away from my girlfriend? I was gonna tell her something really important!" Varian said only for it to be Eugene's turn to roll his eyes.

"What? We're you going to tell her to get ready early and you were going to take her on a picnic before the ball?" Eugene asked crossing his arms over his chest. Varian's face became a dark red and looked down trying to hide his face.

"No...I was not." He said quietly before looking back at Eugene. "Am I getting that predictable?" He asked before his eyes widened in complete horror. "aM I BECOMING BORING AND PREDICTABLE?!?!" He asked frantic and Eugene sighed.

"Yes and no. Are the dates you plan with (Y/n) boring and typical? Yes. Are you? Varian you're far from one of the most typical people I've met. You tried to over throw the kingdom. No one boring and predicable would do something that stupid." He said with a laugh and Varian sighed.

"But we're going to get you ready for this ball. We are going to teach you everything you could ever want or need to know for a ball." Eugene said and Varian's eyes light up. "Are you going to teach me the ways of the dashing and heroic Flynnigan Rider?!" Varian asked with pure joy in his eyes making Eugene laugh.

"Ha! We both know I'm not that good...or am I?" He said and Varian let out an excited squeal. "Will you two stop that? I'm trying to practice here." Lance said making Eugene and Varian extremely confused.

"Practice for what?" They both asked making Lance smirk. "Practicing how I'm going to eat all the good food before the rich snobs do!" Lance said and all three cheered.

Rapunzel had four very different dresses for (Y/n). The first dress was white with black lace and a black bow on the bodice. The witch looked at herself in the mirror. She tilted her head to the side in thought and looked at herself in almost every angle.