Before the festival (Scott POV)

Hi!

Scott woke up to a sharp claw being poked at him. He looked around and realized that it was just Elle. He gave a sigh of relief and jumped out of his bed. He searched around his room for him clothes and his crown. As he straitened his cape he thought: todays the day. I'm finally going to meet them. He walked up to his mirror and checked that everything was perfect. He grabbed a brush and combed his hair and took a deep breath. It should be fine. They'll be nice and everyone will love me.

The festival of kingdoms was probably the most important thing like ever. It happened only when all the kingdoms heirs had turned 15. Which was rare since only one child was aloud per kingdom and they all had to be born in the same year. This year the festival was being held at Gilded Helianthia, the field kingdom. Scott had never been there, well he'd never been to any other kingdom then Rivendell. He gave Elle a pet and he left his room. Outside he saw his brother Xornoth.

When Xornoth was born there was no empire that needed an heir so the king and queen were forced to keep him. When Scott was born his twin brother Xornoth was unexpected so his parents weren't very lovable towards Xornoth. They often called him a disappointment or a mistake. Scott was surprised that it never broke Xornoth's spirit and he was always chirpy and hyper. Scott had tried to convince his parents to treat Xornoth better but they never listened. They often responded with: ''he doesn't belong'' or ''he shouldn't be alive.'' It always hurt Scott to hear it, but Xornoth always told Scott that it was fine and that they didn't mean it, and that they were just overwhelmed by all the Exor worshipers. Scott wasn't sure but he wanted to do what ever made his brother happy. So when Scott's parents told him that Xornoth couldn't go to the festival he knew his brother would be devastated.

It was all Xornoth and Scott could talk about for the past few weeks. They both constantly tried to guess what the other prince and princesses looked like. He didn't have the heart to brake the news to Xornoth so he came up with a flawless plan to sneak Xornoth to the festival. Scott secretly arranged a carriage for Xornoth and paid the coach double so he didn't report the carriage to his parents. So as Scott approached his brother he whispered to him: ''are you ready?'' Xornoth nodded slowly and whispered back: ''are you sure we should do this?'' He said with a worried face. Scott rolled his eyes and said: ''it's going to be fineeee! Stop worrying!'' Xornoth glared at him and said: ''I still think that we'll be caught. Mom and dad would kill us if they found out!!!'' Scott grabbed his brothers shoulders and said ''You. Are. Coming'' Xornoth took a deep breath and said ''ok I'll go, but you have to promise me that you won't look at me at all.''

Scott frowned and said: ''why shouldn't I look at you?'' Now it was Xornoth's turn to roll his eyes. ''They'll see you looking at me, obviously.'' Scott laughed and said ''you worry to much, I wont look at you but I want you to still stick close to me.'' Xornoth started to protest but then he nodded. Xornoth grinned and said ''this is going to be so much fun!'' Scott laughed at his brothers enthusiasm. ''Weren't you worried about getting caught a couple minutes ago?'' He stated. ''Opinions can change brother, and it's not my fault for being exited!!! We're actually going to the festival!!!'' Xornoth said excitedly. Scott returned his enthusiastic grin but he said: ''shht. We still have to be quiet!'' Xornoth nodded but his grin did not fall. ''We have to get your disguise ready!'' Scott said with an conniving grin. ''Disguise?'' Xornoth said with a frown. ''Yes disguise.'' Scott said with a cheeky smile. Xornoth frowned and said '' Oh Eaor what do I do?''

Scott grabbed his brother and started to lead him away ''listen to me maybe? And stop worrying!'' They walked towards one of the servants quarters. Scott knocked three times and said ''Jack? Is it ready?'' A boy with brown hair and a tired expression opened the door. ''Yes your highness.'' He handed Scott a red blazer with black swirls stitched into it, then he passed some purple dress pants and finally he passed a purple and red cape. ''You like it?'' Scott said to his brother. ''I don't know what to say... it's amazing!'' He said with tears in his eyes. He rushed over and hugged his brother. Scott laughed and said: ''you will be posing as a lord who's name is Rush Whitewood. Try to behave.'' Xornoth nodded while he was looking at his clothes.''Prince Scott!'' A voice called. Scott and Xornoth jumped and Scott said: ''I have to go! I'll see you there, or I mean won't see you I guess. Bye!'' Scott rushed off while wondering if his brother was going to be ok.

Hello! I hope you enjoyed my first chapter! If you have any feedback you can leave it in the comments!