Chapter Four: "Tormentoso"

Start from the beginning

"General, Diablo?" the intuitive pickup said, drawing close.

The two familiar cars appeared at the sounds of their names.

"Hey, Tormentoso, we're here to bust you out, fool!" Diablo exclaimed with a rev of his engine.

"What'd you hear on the phones?" General asked.

Thunder turned his gaze to him, a bit hesitant. "Little got the boys in jail, he's lookin' to hand 'em off tomorrow mornin' at Willow Bridge."

"Alright, to who?"

"Only man that'd hold a grudge like this: Hughie Hogg. Who else?"

General growled in disgust. "I thought we took care of him."

Thunder shook himself. "Seems as though he's back for another ass-whoopin'."

"An ass-whoopin' he wants, an ass-whoopin' he'll get. Why though?"

Thunder shifted on his suspension as if to shrug. "Revenge probably, we roughed him up pretty good last time, don't have the slightest idea as to why he'd come back for more."

Thunder extended his arm and grabbed the chain-link fence in front of him, pulling it down so he could exit. "The dumb little bastard probably thinks he can beat us."

The three of them started driving away towards the jailhouse, still chatting.

"I say we just kill him this time around, put him outta his misery," General said.

"Or in prison at least, I hate dealin' with him, he's an absolute pain in the tailpipe," Thunder rumbled.

"What'd this guy ever do to you?" Diablo butted in, looking to each of them for answers.

General and Thunder exchanged glances.

"Hughie Hogg? He's a hateful little man, Diablo, he almost killed a lot of people, almost killed General here in a fire. He's caused a lotta pain and sufferin' to a lotta people, good people, people who didn't deserve it," Thunder explained.

Diablo grew quiet. "He hurt those boys, didn't he, Tormentoso?"

Thunder nodded.

"We ran him outta town but he didn't stay gone for long," General added.

"He's back?"

General nodded. "He's back."

Deciding they'd need help springing the Duke boys, the Defects retrieved Cooter from his garage, where General ran them through his plan. They sat inside the garage, planning to infiltrate the jailhouse right across the street from it. Taking one last glance to make sure the doors were closed, General began to divulge.

"Alright, basic outline, we spring Bo and Luke, grab everyone else, and track down Hughie. Now, me and Diablo are gonna distract Caleb. Cooter, you distract the police. Thunder, you pull out the basement window and bust 'em outta there. We meet back at the farm in twenty and grab as many as we can," he said with a fierce rumble of his engine. "We're goin' Hogg huntin'."

--------------------

General and Diablo rolled up to where Caleb was parked, each flashing their lights at him. Caleb returned the gesture and rolled away from the curb to meet them.

"Hey General, howdy car I don't know, how y'all doin'?" he asked in a friendly tone.

General revved his engine. "We're alright, Caleb. Look, I was wonderin' if we could ask you somethin'."