𝟬𝟮 | 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊 : 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊 :
𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙊 : 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚

                    "𝑺𝒀𝑳𝑽𝑰𝑨 𝑹𝑼𝑵!"

        The world stopped moving. Screams of those running for their lives muted, only her shallow breath was heard. The metallic taste of his blood sunk between her gums as Sylvia sat there. Unable to process, unable to move, unable to breathe.

        "Sylvia! What are you doing? We are under attack!" A pair of hands violently shook the girl from her stiffened position. It's Brianne again. "Here, let's put on your scarf and draw less attention. We must — "

        Sylvia pushed Brianne to hold Yanis' lifeless body in her arms. Fire burned his flesh clean off his skull, made him unrecognizable and no longer beautiful. Tugging him free, she was jerked violently by a man on a horse with a fist full of Brianne's black curls. Because of her grip on Sylvia's arm, forced her over the wooden bench onto her back, wheezing out a breath. Yanis continued to burn and Brianne's screams grew distant before she was silenced.

        Another tugged Sylvia to her feet and saw it was her mother. Not a sound was heard from her moving lips until Sylvia forced herself to zone out of the chaos and focus on her voice.

        "Sylvia, we must go now! We run for the woods until we reach the sand and then the sea. Just as planned. Do you hear me? Are you hurt?" She smeared the blood off her face and checked her body for visible wounds, relieved none were to be found.

        "N-no, I'm fine. But Yanis. . . "

        She followed her tearful gaze to the unrecognizable body. His clothes were partially recognizable though.

        "I'm sorry," her mother apologized, though she sounded far from it. At least for her daughter she pretended to care even if Sylvia saw through it. "He was good in many ways, but life must carry on. We are no longer safe here. They will burn us down with the city if we aren't quick."

        She took her mother's hand and ran.

        The blazing fire of screams trapped inside their homes burned bright and warm against their skin as they ran through the tight alleyway to avoid the main roads of death and terror. Her loose braids were thick of residue raining the sky, lungs thick of smoke and the rotten stench of men, women, and children gut down, given no chance to fight for their home or run to safety.