10: Midnight swim

Start from the beginning

"Fuck off." Jungkook scoffed with a smile, both of them hugging afterwards.

We greeted each other as usual with lots of hugs and small talk before we grabbed our things from the cars and went to the bathing platform that went a few meters out into the water.

"Who the hell thought of this idea anyway?" Jimin questioned as he put down his bag and so did the rest of us.

Taehyung and Yuna both pointed to me and Jungkook, to which Jungkook put his hands up defensively and pointed to me.

"I did." I smiled hesitantly and put up my hand, pleading guilty.

Something about the way Jimin questioned it just seemed so intimidating and accusatory.

"Why not in the summer?" He said.

"That's exactly what I asked!" Yuna empathized, relieved that she wasn't the only one thinking it was a bit early in the year to bath at night.

"Well..." I said, pondering on what reason to give.

Haehyeon and Taehyung had caught up in a conversation, not listening to us anymore.

"We're already here, it doesn't matter now." Jungkook said, answering for me.

It annoyed me slightly, but also I felt relieved that I didn't get to come up with an excuse that maybe wouldn't make sense.

"Okay, I was just asking." Jimin spoke defensively as Jungkook had sounded matter of factly.

"What time is it?" Yuna asked, switching the attention to her.

"It's almost 1 am." I said after glancing at my phone.

"Let's jump in then! I have class early tomorrow morning!" She spoke.

It was only then I realized that it was 1 am on a Thursday, most of them having to wake up early.

Jimin and Jungkook both had flexible working hours, both of them not going to college. But the other's had class early in the morning.

It made me wonder why they were here, despite a complete school day the following morning.

It wasn't like it took me a lot of convincing to make them come.

It reminded me of how grateful I was for them.

"I agree!" Haehyeon spoke.

"Fuck school, I'm young and I wanna live." Taehyung cheered and sprinted past us into the lake, leaving us in a brief silence after the splash.

"He's so weird." Yuna spoke, to which we all agreed.

"How did he even become our friend?" Haehyeon asked rhetorically in a jokingly manner.

"Don't you say that, we all know you had a crush on him once." I spoke, wriggling my brows at her.

"Hey! It wasn't a crush!" She defended, "He's just hot, admit it."

We all laughed at the memory while taking off our clothes, leaving us all in our bathing suits and joining Taehyung in the water.

While in the water we had no clue of time and it seemed as if we all were having so much fun that we didn't want to go home.

I won't lie, the water was cold and the night air was freezing whenever some skin would go above the surface.

We talked for a while in the group before Taehyung started a water fight making us all splash on each other.

I walked a few steps away from the water fight, trying to rub my eyes free of the stinging feeling. As I stopped rubbing and finally opened my eyes, Jungkook splashed another wave on me. I grunted at him and told him to stop, but the laugh breaking free of my lips made him keep going.