"Yeah."

"You knew she was gone do that?"

"Did I? She does it every time."

"So, why you come if you knew she was gone do it again? That's yo fault."

"It's not my fault! I told her I ain't wanna come and she forced me."

"Who you yelling at?" I shut my mouth and look away. "And she ain't force you. She wasn't holding no knife to yo throat. You could've said no. So, yeah it is yo fault." She comes over to me and snatches the bowl from me. "Give me this shit." She holds it under her arm as she leaves the room.

Ughhh! This is what I mean when I say she irks my nerves. Before today though, I hadn't seen her in a while. The only times I'd see her is if we were going down to the forest to shoot the guns. I'm getting better at that by the way. I check my phone to see what time it was and groan when I see that only ten minutes have passed. I toss the phone to the side and Nique comes waltzing back in.

Oh, my goodness. I just want some peace. I try not to show the aggravation on my face as she makes me scoot over so she can sit on the bed, her back to the headboard.

She pulls her black bookbag off her shoulder and opens it. There were tons of drugs and I instantly found interest in my phone as I laid there. I didn't do drugs and I didnt plan on doing them.

I settled on watching Wild N' Out Compilations on YouTube to pass the time. She rolled her blunt and the smell filled the room once she took a pull. I scrunch up my nose.

Ew, man.

"Shawty?"

She better not ask me what I think she about to.

I hum and look at her. She holds the blunt out to me and I shake my head. "Nah."

But she edges me. "Come on. This'll help loosen you up."

"I'm better now."

"Come your ass here."

"I really don't want it—"

She side eyes me as she takes another pull and I slowly sit up before coming closer. She blows the smoke to the side away from my face before taking another drag. She grabs my chin and gestures for me to open my mouth. I do so and our lips touch as the smoke leaves her mouth and enters mine. I reluctantly inhale before laying back down but I didn't pay attention to my phone. I stare at the ceiling as my mind becomes fuzzy.

Either I'm crazy or I'm already feeling the affects of that blunt. A few minutes in and I've come to the conclusion that I am high because I feel lighter. They say you feel lighter when you do it. I look over at Nique and her eyes were red and low but that was about it. She didn't look like she was really affected. I furrow my eyebrows and she catches me.

"You coolin'?" She asks.

I ignore her question. "Am I high?"

She chuckles. "It look like it to me. You feel high?"

I ignore her again. "Why am I high and you not?"

"I am high. I'm just use to this, you not. And because this shit right here," she shakes it, "it's stronger than the average. This ain't no regular weed. So it's gone get to you faster."

"And you was tryna get me to smoke it," I mumble. I'm assuming she didn't hear me because she just continued to smoke while scrolling on her phone. "Nique?"