"Yeah, I remember that," Lexi said.

"Well, apparently, that friend is the one getting married today, and so here I am."

"Jason? Jason is the friend of your boyfriend who was told to kick you out?" Melissa's brows were high, and Ashley looked thoughtful.

"In short, yes," Samantha replied.

"That's great. Want to join us so that at least you have some people you do know around you?"

"Oh, there you are. I thought I lost you," Mitch said, appearing behind Samantha. He kissed the side of her head and lay his hands on her bump, looking up at who had stolen Sam away and froze.

"I still need to pee. I'll be right out," Samantha mumbled, pulling away from Mitch to go to the washroom. "Excuse me."

"Mitch?" Ashley and Melissa blurted out at the same time; surprise etched on their faces. Melissa blinked when Ashley stepped forward and enveloped Mitchell in a motherly hug.

"You've been alive all this while and you didn't think to visit me? Is that how it is now?" Ashley complained, her accent coming out particularly thick.

Mitch only laughed, and it was Lexi's turn to be confused. She had seen him at the hospital together with Melissa. Had she not seen him there? Then she remembered Melissa had left for the washroom when Mitch had arrived.

When he was released, he turned to Melissa. "Still the bratty little sis?"

"Still a playboy?"

"Touché." Melissa smiled victoriously. He turned to Lexi next. "Alexandra, right?" Lexi nodded. "Trey talks about you a lot. He loves you; you know that?"

Lexi cast her gaze downwards, hiding the blush that rushed into her cheeks. Mitch was speaking in present tenses. She had so many questions, starting with 'Who was this man that seemed to know so much about her?' and 'How come Trey never mentioned him?'

But she at least knew why he'd singled her out of all the women at the obgyn to ask after Sam—he'd already known her.

"I'm Mitchell Adams—an old friend of Trey's. Jason is a friend too and that's why I'm here," he explained as if sensing her confusion. She nodded in appreciation and held out a hand.

"Nice to meet you." He shook her hand briefly with a smile. "And, though I'm not really sure he does anymore, thanks for letting me know that."

Mitchell shared a wry look with Ashley who shrugged. "We'll see."

"We have to celebrate this reunion after their years-long hiatus," Ashley said, changing the subject.

"We've already done our reunion," Jason said, appearing out of nowhere. He shared a look with Mitch and winked.

"Do I wanna know what's going on here?" Sam whispered, looking utterly confused.

The ladies started in surprise, unaware that she had returned from the bathroom. Then upon calming, they told her it was a reunion of old friends.

"Let's just have fun then. Because after this wedding, we go back to reality. Sounds good?" Ashley asked.

They answered with a chorus of 'yes' and 'why not', except the two pregnant ladies. "Exactly what do you mean by 'celebrate'?" Lexi mumbled, asking the question that had been on both their minds.

"Fruit juice for you two," Mitch replied, "and hard liquor for us."

Samantha bristled. "Get drunk and you're sleeping in the doghouse." 

"I love you," Melissa said, throwing her arm around Sam's shoulders and kissing her on the cheek.

"Tony. Where's my husband, Jason?" Ashley asked.

"He's with Trey, helping him keep away from Nicolysse." Jason laughed at the thought.

"Poor boy," Mitch muttered with a 'tut'. "Lead the way then, Ashley," Mitch continued. He grabbed Sam by the waist and narrowed his eyes at Melissa.

"Don't feel bad for him. He made the choice," Melissa spat with a snicker as she moved ahead of the group with Ashley. "Grab Tony and let's see what happens."

And that's what they did. . .tried to do, more like.

Tony, ever kind, asked Trey to come along as they had 'more' to discuss. Lexi let out a snort by mistake and muttered apologies, looking down. "Can I come with you?" Nicolysse asked, eyeing Lexi with disdain.

Even Samantha scrunched her face.

"Friends and family only," Ashley said, sending a chilly glare her way. "C'mon Tony, Trey, let's go."

"What's her deal?" Samantha asked innocently after they'd walked a distance away. She knew Trey and Lexi were having issues owing to the scandal. But where did Nicolysse Park, an A-listed model, factor in?

Melissa huffed. "Don't ask," she said simply, saving Mitch from having to explain. He smiled at her in appreciation. Sam didn't know Nicolysse was the same person who had tried to get between them, and Mitch wanted to keep it that way. . .for now, at least.

When they had covered some distance away from Nicolysse, Trey turned to Lexi. "Alexandra?" She paused. Everyone did the same, quietly waiting and watching, because he only used the full form of her name when he was serious or angry even.

Lexi swallowed as a reflex. "Yes?"

"Can I borrow you for a sec? I really need to talk to you."

Alexandra looked hesitant. She shared a look with the girls, though Sam was lost. Ashley and Mel both shrugged. "If you trust him to not kill you, then why not?"

Trey gave her a blank look then turned back to Lexi, a brow raised in question. She nodded, and he took her by the elbow, leading her away.

"Where's he taking her?" Melissa whispered, watching Trey pull Lexi after him.

Ashley sighed. "To sort out their issues, obviously. You seriously don't think Trey would kill her, do you?"

"Nah," Melissa said with a lopsided smile, "I'm just worried he knows." She stood for a second watching them go then exhaled deeply. "It's not even my relationship and look how worried I am."

Melissa threw her arm around Samantha's shoulders. "Now let's get you seated, my dear, who also happens to be the girlfriend of one of my brother's insufferable friends. We don't want Mitch biting our heads off for stressing you out."

"I'm deciding to say nothing," Mitch said from behind her.

"Of course, you won't."

*