signs at my friends

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

IT was silence between them. Not a word has been spoken since they got here. Solaria was picking her nails and glancing at Chase and Alex from time to time. No one wouldn't speak up to cut the silence, it was just too awkward. Two years without hanging out with one another, they've all became different people.

She mostly looked at the ground or her shoes, replaying scenes from ten minutes ago. "How the hell did I do it?" She kept asking herself the same question over and over again. "Yeah," Alex spoke up suddenly, "If you guys don't like veggie there's a pepperoni at the bottom. There's a sausage under, and a pineapple too." He mentioned the pizza that was probably getting cold since no one had touched it. And plus it's probably been like 15 minutes since they came. He was trying to cut the tension between them, and it wasn't working.

"Or board games. Ooh, yes, twister!" He had mentioned to them, "We're not 12 anymore." Gert had muffled, cheek smushed against her palm. "Not even me." Molly noted and Alex sighs in disappointment. "Good point. Okay, how about suggestions, just anything you guys." He had sat down in her chair. "Why are you in her chair?" Solaria looked at him sadly, and the quietness only got louder. Nico licked her lips before saying, "Sit wherever you want. She's gone." Everyone had mixed emotions, but they didn't want to say it.

"Maybe we just don't work without her." Karolina had told them, "Maybe she's right." Solaria agreed with the blonde, who could only send a small smile her way. "Yeah, I'm outta here." Chase was the first one to stand up, Alex quickly got up to stop him, "No! Come on guys! Listen, we can't blame Amy, for the fact that we don't hang out anymore." Alex had tried to get them to stay. As a group, as friends. Chase glared at him, "Fine, I blame you." Everyone got a sense of deja vu on that one day.

"You didn't come to the funeral!" His tone was a bit harsh towards Alex, "Everyone grieves in their own way." Karolina stepped in the conversation, Chase slowly turns to look at her like she was crazy, "At funerals with their friends." He tells everyone, "Well apparently not everyone does that." Solaria whispered to herself, hoping that no one would hear her. "Yeah, who would ever do that, not show up when a friend is expecting them?" Gert had spoke up, Chase almost looked upset when she said those things.

He turned his attention back onto Alex, "I'm just saying, Wilder not showing up was the first crack in the wall." Solaria thought that blaming each other wasn't gonna get them back friends. "That wall was always coming down. We were friends because our parents were friends. We were just kids. We were always gonna grow apart." Karolina had explained to them, "Plus, it's kinda hard to stay friends with someone when all they care about it being the perfect church girl." Gert made a snappy remark. "Better than the insufferable social justice girl." Karolina snaps back.