D E F E A T I S M

ONLY freshmen were housed on Darnley University's campus except for them

ONLY freshmen were housed on Darnley University's campus except for them. Most upper years lived in cheap student apartments in the downtown core or commuted from their parents' houses. Someone had to make sure that the freshmen found their classes and didn't die in the process, and unfortunately, they were the ones who made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible.

The RA job had its perks. Free living, access to a staff kitchen, and proximity to all amenities on campus were some of the boons that came with their position. The drawbacks, substantial in number, included having to stay in residence until after the last exam during winter break. Who would have thought that when they went to leave the next morning, a snowstorm would swoop in and trap them inside? Who would even care anyway?

The RAs were some of the most hated students on campus, but no one hated them more than they hated themselves.

Playlist

Yesterday Was Hard On All Of Us by Fink

Where do we go from here?
Where do we go?

Fire Escape by Half Moon Run

Hey Dark Eyes
Rest with me a while as I drift closer to sleep

Ghost by Folly & The Hunter

We were all alone then because we acted the same
Like we were helpless agents in an endless chain

Dedications

astrovibess-venusvintageceaseless-watchrcaptain_sharrieblytheringthesarcasticfellow, and all of the people who make it possible for me to write.

Also, sorry if you were tagged and didn't want to be, and sorry if I didn't tag you! I encourage all applicants to apply!