Twenty-One: Promised Land.

A few days later, Damon was back in the boarding house, he had a Traveler tied to a chair...

"Wakey, wakey." Damon said, spraying something into a man's eyes.

His eyes opened, looking at Damon.

"Mr. Sikes, head of corporate accounts." Damon said, grabbing his badge.

Damon heard the man grunting, and he tried to mumble something.

"Whoops. Sorry about that. Yeah, I can't have you mumbling any of those annoying Traveler ditties. It's a sure migraine. Here's the deal: My brother and his girl have both been kidnapped by Travelers, and I can't seem to find them anywhere. I mean, like, poof. Gone, right? Besides a clueless hybrid in my basement and a cave full of sleeping Travelers, I've got nothing to go on except you. I'm gonna need you to tell me where I can find your leader, Markos." Damon said, sitting down on the couch.

The front door opened, Caroline and Elena came in, groaning.

"What's up with you two?" Asked Damon.

"Liv..." Caroline says.

"And Luke aren't answering any of our..." Elena says, stopping mid-sentence, seeing a guy in the living room.

"Oh, my God. Mr. Sikes?" Caroline asked.

"You know him?" Damon asked, looking at Caroline.

"He helped me open my first savings account. He gave me a lollipop." Caroline says.

"Unfortunately... Mr. Sikes here is occupied by some lowlife Traveler. I saw him and his buddies chanting in the town square last week. I also know... that Markos and your passengered comrades are planning some big, flashy spell... to undo some super boring, ancient witch curse. And where that sucks for us, it just happens to undo all... witch magic, i.e., kill me and my sexy blond frenemy here." Damon said.

"If you know where Markos took Stefan and Ellie, you need to tell us." Elena said, walking over to the man in the chair.

Damon walked back over to him, carrying a knife.

"Yep, sorry. You're gonna have to speak up. Mm, nope. Nope, didn't catch that either." Damon said, and stabbed the knife into his leg.

Mr. Sikes screamed. Elena closed her eyes, looking away.

"I think he's trying to say something. Come here, sweetie-pie." Damon said, removing the cloth from his mouth.

"It doesn't matter where Markos is. Nothing you do can stop him now."

With Ellie, her eyes were open, her breathing was wheezing

She coughed, and her blood dripped into a bucket.

"Stefan." She mumbled weakly.

She saw a shadow on the door and saw it opening. She sees a figure walking towards her. She blinked.