𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Everything went by so fast but at the same time too slow to feel real. Like a machine you made your way towards the front door. Suddenly your phone rang and made you halt in the hallway. You answered the call.

»Hello?«, your voice sounded rather mechanical. You couldn't grasp any emotion anymore right now. Or maybe you just automatically pushed them down, so that they wouldn't overwhelm you.

»(Y/N)«, a familiar voice replied.

»Kakucho?!«, the realisation snapped you out of your trance-like condition.

»Did you see the newspaper article? My boss wants-«

»I don't care. Just come pick me up! Quick! I'll send you the address. Don't kill anyone on your way here though!«, before the man could protest, you had already hung up and sent him your current location. He replied immediately:

Kakucho
Will take me 5 minutes.

God, you hoped he was right. Your father didn't dare to bring you outside, which gave you a little bit of time. You were looking through a window and realised that there actually was the police waiting for you. It was only one police patrol car though. Two officers and...your heart sank when you spotted the familiar face. Naoto Tachibana.

Naoto was one of your closest friends. You were working together with him for several years now. Normally you would obey to the law, but it was different this time. You knew Naoto did his job neatly, so he would surely take you with him to investigate you. Then again, you didn't have enough proof to verify that you're not guilty. Beside that you were really working together with Kakucho since last night. Kind of. Hell, you even called him to come pick you up. No, you couldn't give up on yourself now! When your father and the COD didn't believe in you, you would fight against this enemy and search for proof on your own!

Suddenly a black car held in front of the apartement. The three police men turned around and slowly went towards it.

Now! It's Kakucho! This is the moment to act or it will be too late!

Hastily you opened the front door and rushed towards the car, running past Naoto and the other two police men before they could realise what just had happened.

»Seven!«, Naoto called out for you but you already closed the door of the car, sitting beside Kakucho who immediately locked the doors. Just in time, as the police men arrived at his car and hammered against the window next to you.

»Drive!«, you commanded out of breath.

Kakucho started the car and replied calmly: »You could have warned me that the police was waiting at your house. For a second I thought you betrayed me.«

»Maybe I should have. But even that wouldn't have been enough proof for the police to believe the truth.«

»Well, now the truth is, that you're irrevocably involved in our business, ...«, an unfamiliar voice spoke from the backseat.

Shocked you turned around and saw a guy with a pink mullet, grinning at you. With the two scars, which were gracing the corners of his mouth and the interested sparkle in his eyes, he kinda looked like a maniac.

»You brought someone with you?!«, you faced Kakucho, who only pursed his lips.

In his stead the maniac replied: »Calm down, Sweetie. It was an order from the boss. So that I could kill you if you were to betray Kakucho.«

»Don't call me Sweetie, you creep.«, you hissed, which made the man laugh. That was enough for you to realise that this man was either pretty arrogant or harder to read than you could afford in your situation.

The rest of the ride went by rather quick and in absolute silence. The police car was following you for the first few minutes but Kakucho was an amazing driver (or just used to car chases), so you were able to leave them behind rather quick.

After arriving in a parking deck, the two criminals were leading you inside a luxurious looking skyscraper. You were following Kakucho into an even more luxurious looking lift, leaning against the side of the small room. Although for a lift, it was rather big actually.

Finally, you took a deep breath. It felt like you were out of danger to get caught by the police for now. Though, another risk was yet to come. Hell, two of them were even inside this lift with you right now. If they planned on killing you, they could have done so easily by now.

The pink haired man was leaning against the long wall of the elevator and eyed you with an unreadable expression. Meanwhile Kakucho was fumbling at the black leather gloves he was wearing.

Ping.

The lift came to a halt at the uppermost floor. When it's doors opened, it revealed a big room with windows extending down to the floor. Three men were sitting on two sofas, which were seated in the middle of the apartment.

On the left sofa there were sitting two men with lilac hair. One with a mullet, one with a rather short style. They looked like brothers. Both of them were gazing at you with an interested expression.

On the opposite sofa, a man with slicked back hair was smoking a cigarette. He puffed out smoke, eyeing you from the corner of his eye.

»Oh? It's been a long time since we've had such an interesting visitor at our headquarters.«, a slender man with long white hair remarked with a grin on his face. He was leaning against the bar on the right side of the room.

Now this is quite a motley crew, you thought.

»Did you bring her, Sanzu, Kakucho?«, another man entered the room through a door on the left. His black outfit was rather plain compared to those from the rest of the men. White hair fell loosely around his slim face and his eyes looked dead and tired. He eyed you from head to toe and the moment his gaze locked with yours again, it stirred something familiar inside you, you were unable to grasp fully.

He froze in his movement and stared at you blankly.

»(Y/N)«

★ ★ ★

Finally (Y/N) met Bonten!
I was waiting for this myself haha!

What is going to happen next?
Like to take a guess?

I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it!

Stay healthy everyone,
Karma <3

★ ★ ★