𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝

(Fanart by @ ft_st3 / @ fllj_3 on Twitter!
They gave me permission to use their art for this Fanfiction, I am so happy as it truly looks so amazing! Make sure to check them out!)

★  ★  ★

(Y/N)

»We're going to have a party tonight with all the Executives. You're going to accompany me there, obviously. So be ready at 6.«, Koko explained to you the moment you entered his apartment.

Within the first few seconds you reasoned that he truly must be very rich. His whole interior was very neat and modern. But when you entered his living area you thought that this actually had potential to become a new home for you. The room was filled with bookshelves that reached high up to the ceiling.

»You do parties? What for? Is there a special occasion or are you just enjoying the criminal lifestyle?«, you replied.

»It's a welcome party. For you, actually.«

»For me?«, you cocked an eyebrow, searching for the snag in his statement.

»Well«, he admitted with a grin. »Rindo and Sanzu basically search for reasons to throw a party. They would do it every day even, just for the fun of it. But since Mikey is no fan of parties, they need to wait or create understandable reasons.«

»I knew it«, you couldn't help but be kinda amused by your conversation with the Treasurer. »Is that Sanzu guy always this insufferable though?«

»Yeah. But there are significant reasons why he's our number 2. Mikey doesn't let various people in his gang, he always sees potential in them.«, Koko explained. »That's why I trust his decision about you.«

Wow. Koko is really kind. I didn't expect that at all. Maybe I was too biased? Somehow it seemed like I had almost forgotten that people aren't just good or evil.

»How comes someone as kind as you is part of a crime syndicate, Koko? Even the most ruthless one in Japan!«

»Well, you are a part of Bonten too now, aren't you.«, Koko reminded you. He ran the slender fingers of his left hand through his white dyed hair, seemingly lost in his own thoughts for a second.

Ah yes. He's right.

He snapped out of his trance, asking you: »Why did you join Bonten, (Y/N)? Didn't you have your reasons as well?«

You didn't think about it that way until now, but Koko surely had a point. Even you yourself, who absolutely despised criminal activity found yourself joining a Gang at the end of the day. Even when this fact was still hard to grasp for you, you had your reasons to do so. The moment your life was at stake, the moment you lost it all, you found yourself desperate enough to join a criminal organisation. Yet, it didn't make you less human or good-hearted.