S4 ‹Children of the Forest

Start from the beginning

The whole family started praising the place.

Gabi and Falco, on the other hand, were simply silent, their eyes scanning the area for the Marleyan Kaya had mentioned. The Braus family turns to them and notices their behavior.

[Mr. Braus]: What's wrong, Mia? Got the jitters?...-Mr. Braus asks them. The two quickly avert their gaze back at the two as Gabi faintly shook her head- 

[Gabi]: Um, no..

The kids all laugh while Gabi pursed her lips.

[Gabi]: N-No!...-She then turns to Kaya and trudges her way behind her, almost cowering as she whispers to her- Kaya! Does a Marleyan captive really work here?..

Kaya turns to her and brings her left hand up to cover her mouth, sweat trailing down her cheek as she whispered back with squinted eyes.

[Kaya]: It's true, so get a grip. Soldiers use this place, too...

[Falco]: It'll be good to know another Marleyan...

The family makes their way inside until they reach the dining hall, where they were greeted by Nicolo.

[Nicolo]: Mr. Braus! Thank you for coming!..

[Mr. Braus]: Thanks a bunch for the invite!...-The rest of the kids pile in. Falco and Gabi hesitates a bit but nonetheless make their way over with the others- 

Upon seeing the number of children standing there, Nicolo starts to sweat as he sends a nervous closed-eye smile and tenses up.

[Nicolo]: Oh. You sure brought a crowd...

[Mr. Braus]: Since it's on the house, I brought the whole gang. Sorry...

[Nicolo]: It's fine...-He holds his left arm out that gestures to a table- Welcome, everyone. This way, please...

The group looks over at the long table presented to them and makes their way to their seats. Gabi and Falco just stood by the doorway as Kaya makes her way to them.

[Kaya]: That's Nicolo, the Marleyan who invited Mr. Braus...-They look over at Nicolo to see him hold a chair out for Mr. Braus with a nervous smile- See if he can help you...

Falco and Gabi just gaze at Nicolo for a minute or so before Gabi looks over at Kaya.

Mr. Braus isn't a soldier, so why was he invited?...-She asks, Kaya looks over her shoulder-

[Kaya]: His daughter was the girl soldier who saved me....-The three look away from each other and back at Nicolo- Nicolo was at her grave and wanted to treat him to the food she loved. But, personally, I thought they were in love...

Immediately hearing that, Falco gasps quietly and turned to Kaya then over at Nicolo. 

They were all at the table as they ate, but Falco was the only one not eating as he was lost in thought.

[Mr. Braus]: Ben?..-Falco snaps out of his thoughts- What's wrong? Tummy ache?..

[Falco]: Uh, no!..-He tenses up and shakes his head. He looks down at the food on his plate, grabs his fork, and goes to take a bite out of a piece, and instantly the taste brought delight- Delicious! I've never had anything this good!..

From the kitchen, Nicolo was working to prepare the next dish for the family.

[Nicolo]: Just wait till you've had the main dish!...-He uttered to himself as a blue flame erupts from the pan a Marleyan soldier makes his way in the kitchen, holding a stack of plates-