Chapter 2: The Apology

Start from the beginning

Why couldn't he go outside! He barely asks for anything, yet his father refuses it! It is so unfair!

Tommy heard a loud knock on his door. He hesitated, wondering if he should open it or not. But turns out he didn't even have the choice. He clenched his fists as he heard it open.

"Tommy, are you okay? It was very rude of you to disrespect father. What has gotten into you!" Wilbur scolded.

Tommy looked up to Wilbur before looking back to the ground. "Well maybe if you guys actually cared about what I wanted and respected my wishes, I wouldn't have disrespected that old bird!"

Wilbur froze for a second before speaking again. "Tommy," he started, "Just listen for a fucking second, okay?"

A chill went up Tommy's spine. He finally looked back up to Wilbur.

Once Tommy finally maintained eye contact, Wilbur spoke again. "Do you know why you're always in this castle? Why we confine you to this room?"

Tommy bite his tongue, which usually impedes himself from answering. The question was rhetorical anyways.

"Because you're too irresponsible to be trusted on your own. Everything we do is to protect you–frankley from yourself. With the least amount of respect, you're nothing, Tommy..."

Tommy's eyes fell to the floor at that last statement. He had the sudden urge to cry. He was blinking back tears when he felt warm, firm arms wrap around his frail shoulders.

"You're nothing without us. That's why when we either confine you to this room, prevent you from attending balls, or scream and yell at you, it's because we love you. Do you understand me, Toms?"

Tommy hesitated, he bit his lip before responding, "...Ye-yeah..."

"Good!" Wilbur says as he ruffles Tommy's golden locks, "Now if you want to practice being responsible, I could take you to father so you can apologize. I bet if you do it now you will only get a mild punishment!"

Tommy nodded, "Yes, I'll apologize right now..."

Wilbur clapped with satisfaction. "Great! Let's go then! I'll escort you myself!"

"No, no, no–Wilbur, you don't have to, I know where-"

Wilbur put a hand on his hip, "Tommy, I insist. Now, come on!"

Before Tommy can even make out a response, Wilbur grabbed his wrist harshly as he dragged Tommy out of his room.

"Ow- Wilby- it hurts!" Wilbur was a little less harsh because of this. He loved when Tommy used his little nickname for him.

They arrived at the throne room where Phil was working on lecturing useless maids.

"Father, I have brought Tommy because he wished to speak on his disrespectful actions towards you this morning."

"Hm, is that so?" Phil smirked. "Techno take these maids to the dungeons for further lessons."

"Yes father," Techno then grabbed the maids by the cuffs and dragged them to the dungeon as their screams and cries erupted within the hallway, making Tommy shudder; though it was music to the fellow royals' ears.

"Ahem, anyways... Tommy, speak now." Tommy looked down. The longer he was here the more he realized that it was stupid to apologize as they have punished him for years, but then again, he was irresponsible according to Wilbur... and Wilbur is always right.

Tommy knelt before his father and spoke, "Father, I deeply apologize for my actions this morning. It was irresponsible of me and I am greatly yearning for your forgiveness. If you could ever find it in your heart to forgive me for my rudeness, I would be most grateful."

Phil had to say. He was impressed with the apology. It made him feel like Tommy was dependent and over the whole going outside thing. Phil nodded his head a small bit before speaking.

"I have decided, Tommy, that because you apologized for your disrespectful actions, I will let you go without a punishment just this once. In addition, I would be pleased to see you at dinner with us so we can further discuss your ceremony." Tommy's face brightened which made Phil's heart melt.

Tommy kept his eyes to the ground, but only because warmth fluttered through his chest. I should apologize for my incompetence more often.

"Father." Tommy began.

"Yes, Tommy?"

"Would it be possible if I could, uh hug you?"

Phil's face brightened even more, if possible. "Tommy, you can hug me whenever you want!"

Tommy smiled as he hopped into Phil's arms, they were warm, he felt loved for the first time in years. Tommy teared up a little bit as the hug started to end.

"You okay Toms?" Phil said as he stroked his son's golden locks.

Tommy sniffled, "I-I just like this. I wish I could have more hugs from you." Phil cupped Tommy's face with his hands and wiped away his son's tears.

"Tommy, you can hug me whenever you want." Phil says as he hugs Tommy again.

Little did Tommy know. Those hugs were built on lies and manipulation.

~~~

Word Count:1359