Chapter 26

"She looks fine, but the dizziness worries me" Brightpuddle meows "Let's have her stay here for a day."

"Tigerpaw you can stay here unless Fireclaw needs you" Brightpuddle meows "Sunpelt I need to talk to you, outside."
Brightpuddle and Sunpelt pad out of the den.

"Who attacked her?"

"Nightcloud" Sunpelt meows.

"Why?"

"I and Foxtail were coming back to camp and we ran into Nightcloud, she was about to slice Foxtail but Speckpaw jumped on her causing Nightcloud to throw her off and run back to camp."

"Thank you Sunpelt, also you maybe should tell Speckpaw to wait for a few more moons to have kits" Brightpuddle meows.

"Wait seriously?" Sunpelt meows "She's only been an apprentice for a sunrise"

"A she-cat can tell, Tigerpaw has been padding after her since she became an apprentice"

"Ok then" Sunpelt meows padding back into the medicine den.

"Tigerpaw can you head out?" Sunpelt asks.

"Sure" Tigerpaw meows leaving the medicine den.

"Speckpaw you need to wait until you are a warrior to have kits" Sunpelt meows.

"How did you know?"

"Brightpuddle told me"

"Tigerpaw and I already love each other" Speckpaw meows raising her head "The way his fur flows in the wind and his eyes."

"I feel the same way about your father" Sunpelt meows.

"I will wait to have kits" Speckpaw meows putting her head on her paws.

"Good, also stay in camp more often than me and your father did" Sunpelt lets out a mrrow of laughter, leaving the medicine den.

He pads over to Tigerpaw.

"You can go back to her, now"

"Thanks" Tigerpaw meows rushing over to the medicine den.

"What's that about?" Foxtail asks padding up to Sunpelt.

"I'll tell you later" Sunpelt meows nuzzling Foxtail's chest.

"Let's tell Grass that we'll father her k-" Foxtail meows getting interrupted.

"Grass is kitting!" Sand yells into the clearing.

Brightpuddle and Skypaw come running out of the medicine den towards the Nursery.

"I need to talk to Riverstar" Sunpelt meows.

"I'll come with you" Foxtail meows rubbing against Sunpelt.

They bound up to Riverstars den.

"Riverstar, can we come in?" Sunpelt asks.

"Come in"

"What's going on?" Riverstar asks.

"Grass has asked us to father her kits" Foxtail meows.

"That's fine with me" Riverstar meows.

"And Nightcloud tried to attack Foxtail, but Speckpaw defended him" Sunpelt meows wrapping his tail around Foxtails.

"What!?" Riverstar meows jumping up "Where is Speckpaw?" he asks.

"In the medicine den" Foxtail meows moving to block Riverstar from leaving "Bur I can't let you see her, you're angry right now."

"Are you disobeying your leader?" Riverstar meows.

"I'm protecting my kit" Foxtail growls.

"Just let him pass Foxtail" Sunpelt meows.

"I can't do that"

"Enough!" Brightpuddle meows padding into the den.

"Riverstar sit down and you two out"

"Come on Foxtail, let's see the new kits" Sunpelt meows running his tail along Foxtail's side.