I'm hungry, he said, fiddling with his fingers as he stares at the ramen stall.

About time, I stood up from the stone and pulled him up, with my right hand while I used the other to wipe my trousers and he did the same.

Hand in hand, we walk across the street to the stall.

Zhan, good evening, who is this adorable boy with you? The ramen vendor asked.

He is my brother.

Oh, I didn't know you have a brother. He said, looking between Wang and me.

He gave me two ramen when I brought money out of my pocket to give to him, he used his hand to push It back.

"No, don't worry about paying today, it's on the house."

We are not a charity you know. Wang's voice shocked us both.

Charity, why would I think that? I've two boys at home, about your age, I'd be offended if someone calls them charity. Take it from a father to a son. Mr. Lan said.

Thank you, I pulled Wang with me in the direction of the sauna.

We sat on the bench outside and ate, and I went to my locker, pulled out clothes, went to the bathroom, washed my work clothes, and had a shower.

Wang did the same too and I put his bag in my locker, I took him to where my mat is.

"I will be right back, let me spread my clothes outside. the heat from the sauna heaters will dry them before morning."

"Okay"

I sauntered out of the sauna to the back of the building, hung my clothes, and walked back inside.

"He sat there waiting for me," how adorable.

I lay on the mat and he lay beside me. The mat is small, and the cover clothes are small too, but we managed to sleep.

I felt a heavy weight on my back when I woke up. I tried to move but I couldn't, I turned my head to the left but I didn't see Wang anywhere, only for him to be sleeping on my back. He must have been uncomfortable, maybe the mat was hard and cold.

I turned carefully not to wake him up and rolled him onto the mat, using the quilt to cover him up.

I walked to the back of the building, pulled my clothes from where I hung them, and went to take a shower.

"When I walked back in, he was awake sitting on the mat, knees curled up to his chest.

You're awake? He raised his head to look at me and nodded.

It's still early, go back to sleep.

I can't, I'm sorry I slept on your back, I kept rolling and sleeping on the cold floor.

But you slept on the cold floor the first time I saw you.

I didn't know when I slept off after crying for hours, I was hungry and exhausted. It felt comfortable then.

It's okay, you can sleep on my back whenever you want. I'm going to work. I pulled money out of my pocket and gave it to him.

I was halfway to work when I remembered his father might come today and pick him up.

I ran back in the direction of the stores. I don't know how long I ran but I was tired, so I stopped and placed my hands on my knees to catch my breath. When I raised my head, I saw him sitting beside the store.

I walk to where he is sitting, Wang. He was surprised to see me.

Are you okay? He stood up as he saw me.