Chapter 36 - grateful

Rosie's POV:

I awoke to someone lightly tapping me on the shoulder, "Rosie?...Wake up...Breakfast is nearly over". Not fully comprehending what they said, I rolled over on the strangely very comfortable sofa, mumbling, "in a minute, I'm so tired...". They didn't stop tapping me until I opened my eyes to see who it was. Beth, staring right into my eyes, "come on Rosie it's 8.45". This made my eyes widen. Breakfast began at around 7 and continued until around 9. Usually Ellen was the first one in and Georgia was the last one out, I was normally somewhere in the middle. I murmured, "shit...do you know where my phone is?". Beth held out my phone and I pressed the screen to show my lock screen of Lucy, Keira, Narla covered by an abundance of texts from those exact people, except Narla. That would just be weird. Although, she does have an Instagram account. 

We began sorting the room out and making it look a little more presentable for when the girls came in after breakfast. The cushions had been thrown about, the xbox controllers scattered on the floor and everything else just looked out of place. After a quick mini clean, we both scanned the room for any evidence that we had been down here last night. As of now, no one knew that we came down here on an evening. Usually we would go back to our rooms, but I guess last night we were too exhausted. 

Just as we were examining the room, the door creaked open and Fran wandered in. She looked up from her phone and raised an eyebrow at both Beth and I just standing in the middle of the room awkwardly. She spoke, "oh...there you both are. No one knew where you were and you weren't answering your phones". Beth gave a clumsy smile, "we were just playing a few games of Fifa and lost track of the time. Right Rosie?". I nodded my head, "yep". Fran simply replied with, "alright well I guess I'll see you later". We told her we would catch up with her after breakfast and Beth pulled me out of the room. 

As we were walking down the corridor, I asked Beth curiously, "do you think people would mind that we came down here?". She grinned, "Sarina would probably have something to say about all these late nights". I nudged her side and said jokingly, "hasn't stopped you from scoring goals though has it?". She smirked and opened the door for me, allowing me to walk into the dining area before herself following. 

There were only a few people left eating, and to my surprise that included Lucy. Usually, she would have breakfast fairly early and would be just about to leave as I came down. Now, she sat at a table in the centre of the room with Millie, Rach, Keira and Leah. Me and Beth quickly grabbed some food before joining them as quietly as possible, hoping that they wouldn't ask any questions. To my annoyance, both Leah and Lucy asked at the same time, "where have you been?". I shrugged my shoulders, "with Beth". They stared at me so I explained, "we were playing Fifa and lost track of time". Lucy nodded, "let me know next time. No one knew where you were and you weren't answering your phone". I wasn't sure how to reply, so I mumbled, "sorry" before taking a small bite out of the apple I had picked out. 

Rachel and Millie carried the conversation by talking about Rachel's girlfriend, "Millie is coming to the Sweden game. You'll finally get to meet her Rosie". I smiled lightly, "I can't wait to meet the person you always talk so much about". Millie joined in, "how weird is it that Rachel's girlfriend is called Millie, Rosie's girlfriend is called Millie and I'm called Millie". Leah said, "there's too many Millies. I always get confused when you talk about them because I don't know which one you're talking about". All of us laughed as I picked up my apple core and threw it into the bin across the room. Beth commented, "maybe you should take up a career in netball instead". I chuckled, "you would never catch me wearing one of those disgusting netball dresses". As they were talking about netball, I stood up. But Lucy stopped me, "are you not going to eat anything else?". I shook my head, "no...why?". She explained, "one apple isn't enough". I reassured her but I could tell that she wasn't convinced, "i'll be fine, don't worry".