Chapter 28 - hayfever

A/N - Jill Scott has also decided to retire! Such an incredible player that will be missed massively

Lucy Bronze's POV:

"you told me there were 4 people!", I remarked towards Rosie. She began to speak, before deciding against it and remaining silent. Gareth showed me pictures and videos of around 20 girls dancing round my house and drinking alcohol as if it was water. There was an uncomfortable silence that hung in the room. Gareth looked somewhat apologetic about the bomb that he had just set off, "Lucy, I'd like to keep this meeting as short as possible so if it's alright can we move on?". I nodded my head and had to bite my tongue to prevent myself from completely exploding at Rosie. She sat to the side of me, her head hanging low - a guilty look cascaded on her face. 

Desperate to prevent any family arguments occuring in his office, Gareth swiftly moved on, "I am aware that you young people like to share pretty much your whole lives on social media, but the type of behaviour that you share reflects on not only yourself, but Lucy and Man City as a club". To my right, Rosie raised her head, mumbled, "sorry" and sat back in her chair. I shook my head in disbelief of the behaviour that she has had over the past few days and questioned her, "what is happening to you Rosie? First you get sent off in an internal game against 14 year olds, and now this. In what world would it be okay to post videos of you and Millie necking on and taking shots? Especially when you have so many followers". She answered light-heartedly, "to be honest I can't actually remember posting those videos". I huffed sarcastically, "oh well that makes it much better that you were too drunk to even remember what you were doing". Gareth watched our tense conversation before interrupting, "I'm going to tell you what's going to happen, then I'm going to let you leave and sort this out between yourselves". Rosie had a look on her face that told me that she didn't even care what the punishment was. My coach continued, "I would have only banned you from the match against Arsenal tomorrow, but since you're already on a red card for that match, I will also be giving you a week suspension from the club". Rosie's eyes almost popped out of her head as she complained, "a week suspension? But that means I'll miss the Chelsea game aswell". Gareth simply shrugged her shoulders and told her she could leave. As she exitted the room dramatically, I stood up to also leave but Gareth spoke to me, "I don't know what is going on but you need to sort out the underlying issue instead of ignoring it this time Lucy. You can shout at her all you like, but that won't make her tell you the actual problem". There had been a few times since she had joined City that her anger would get the better of her. Normally it was small things like kicking a water bottle in frustration or swearing at no one in particular on the pitch. This time it seemed that it was more - almost as if she was acting out on purpose for someone to notice that there was something wrong.

When I got arrived at the car, I spotted a sad looking Rosie slumped against the window. Keira greeted me and I began the relatively short journey home. There was a painful silence that felt like me and Rosie were arguing with eachother without even opening our mouths. Keira tried to lighten the mood but it only made things worse, "so me and Luce are thinking about travelling down to London next friday with you for the Chelsea game". Rosie rolled her eyes but stayed silent while Keira shot me a confused look. Having to explain things, I told her, "we won't be going to that game". I could tell she was even more confused by my comment because she narrowed her eyes towards me and said, "why not?". I sighed, "Rosie is banned City for a week". Her eyes widened and sank back into her seat - understanding that now was not the time to ask the reason why.

The quiet journey home had given me some time to think about what I was going to say to Rosie. Even though I had planned my speech, I knew that the conversation (or rather argument) would take another turn and I wouldn't use any of it. 

As soon as we entered the house, I firmly gripped Rosie's shoulder and lightly pushed her towards my study. When she understood where we were going, I released my grip and let her walk by herself while I turned to face Keira, "I'm just going to talk to her in the study. When we're done i'll help you make dinner". She smiled, walked up to me and embraced me, "take all the time you need. But you better tell me about it later". We both laughed slightly at the last bit and we broke apart, allowing me to continue walking towards the study while saying, "don't worry I will". Even though I was so annoyed, frustrated and angry with Rosie, Keira managed to make me laugh. Only slightly, but she still made me laugh. God I love her so much.