1. New Responsibilities

A 23 year old man in a suit, coffee in hand, stumbles through the messy morning troubles all the way into his office. He frantically opens a wooden drawer which is located to the right of his desk, reefing through a bunch of paperwork.

One specific piece of paper catches his eye. A case that was yet to be solved, simply because the detectives that were set to investigate the vandalism that was going around town, all failed miserably.

The man in the brown suit had told them to figure out why and how the deaths of innocent people had spiked. They had no luck within the next 50 days.

Even one of the most talented detectives flew in all the way from Mexico, and till this day, he is still monitoring different suspects.

"Goodmorning, Wilbur." A brown haired says with a more normal looking pace than the other.

"Morning, George," Wilbur says, flipping through the evidence that has been collected throughout the case.

"Why so stressed?" George asks, furrowing a brow while resting his figure against the doorframe with a bored expression.

"We have a problem," the man in the brown suit says.

"And that is?" George says, unbothered.

"He's back. A 25 year old woman got killed in Hamilton Park."

George looks at him with an intimidated squint in his eyes.

"..And her hand, it had-" he sighs once again, "a smiley face was carved into her palm."

George freezes. "What?"

"George. I need you to be lead detective."

George sighs with a realisation that this is real. He runs a hand through his hair before speaking, "okay, I'll try my best. Do we have any police departments that are hooked?" He says, his voice firm and slightly monotone.

"No. I'll let them know now. We need to get investigators sent out to inspect the body for any other traces."

George hesitantly walks towards the door, heading into his own office.

"Call me at 5. Let's go investigate the body if the other investigators don't find anything," Wilbur says, before George has fully left the room. He nods in agreement, opening the door to his own office.

Suddenly his own morning might include a lot of work. He sighs before searching in his own drawer for the case.

He had originally not looked much into it because his alliance, Quackity at the time, reassured George that there was nothing interesting to look into. They'd been alliances until now.

Quackity was a top tier detective who originally flew in from Mexico to work on the Dream case.

After almost 1 year of no evidence, no incidents, no nothing, the case finally got dropped.

But here George was, flipping through different documents to look for any trace -- like he hadn't done that a million times.

George was a nimble detective. He had before worked on a case that was claimed to be one of the hardest, and he figured it out within 2 months. That's also why George is now one of the best and most respected detectives of all time.

And he doesn't take it for granted, he really doesn't. He is very thankful for the amount of work that has been put into his polished furniture, some even graced with a dust of gold in his luxurious apartment.

He's finally found the paperworks. The only thing that is in them though, is the information for all of the bodies that has been killed. 74 bodies in total.