Chapter 1

A/N Hey I'm K. This is my first chapter. It's been rewritten but yeah... it's probably still bad. Oh well. Lemme know in the comments.

Red Thunder's POV

I've been alone for 2 weeks. I ran out of food 3 days ago. I'm so smart right? And I'm in the middle of a desert, which helps a lot. But I'm always in the desert. This isn't news to me.

My name is Red Thunder. I'm 14. And I'm on the run from Better Living Industries. Which means that I can't stop running. Even if they're destroyed.

You see BLI kinda caused the apocalypse. Their leader, Korse, believed that humans were being held back by themselves and their emotions and shit. So him and his company made the happy pill. It basically erases all emotions and makes the user "happy." In other words, you get addicted to the pill and live as a mindless piece of flesh.

Not everyone thought it was ethically right though. So, Korse dropped bombs all over the USA.  California got hit the hardest. It's all desert and heat, now. The oceans and the palm trees were all gone. That's one of the things I miss most.

Devastation ravaged the country. Korse sent out his soldiers, called Dracs. The wannabe vampires, I say. They killed everyone who wouldn't comply with their methods. They burned everything that could be a sign of emotions and humanity.

They built Battery City, a "safe haven" for all. All people were offered the choice of coming to Battery City and taking the pills or living in the scorched outskirts in poverty.

Many gave in to BLI. But not all surrendered. They are called Killjoys. They fight BLI for what they believe in.

The most famous are called The Fabulous Four. God, they are amazing. They're on BLI's most wanted list, can handle themselves with a gun, and are hot as fuck. What more could you want?

Technically speaking, I'm a Killjoy too. I hate BLI. I hate the fact of being emotionless. Yet I have no group. Nobody to depend on, except myself.

God I need food, I thought to myself. Nice job, self. Really can depend on you.

I had been walking for I think almost 4 hours. I needed to take a brake. I sat behind a boulder and got down as low as I could. I can't risk being seen; not even by other Killjoys.

I took a few deep breaths, as my chest was on fire. I pulled my hand-held radio out of my black bag and played with the knob until I got something other than static and BLI slogans.

A familiar voice over the air spoke. "Look alive, sunshine. 1-0-9 in the sky but the pigs won't quit. You're here with me Dr. Death Defying,"

He's one of the DJs for the Killjoys. He tells us Drac sightings, updates on other Killjoys, but most importantly he plays the best music.

"I'll be your surgeon, your proctor, your helicopter, pumpin' out the slaughtermatic sounds to keep you alive. A system failure for the masses, antimatter for the master plan. Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny. This one's for all of you rock'n'rollers, all you crash queens and motor babies.

"Listen up! The future is bulletproof! The aftermath is secondary! It's time to do it now and do it loud! Killjoys, make some noise!"

Then music started blaring. This was one of my favorite songs, so I decided to plug in my beat-up headphones and continue on my way.

I didn't know where I was going. I haven't for a while. All I knew was that I had to get as far from Battery City as possible.

After about a minute of silence, I decided I was definitely alone and started singing loudly and badly.

"Lemme tell you 'bout the sad man! Shut up and lemme see your jazz hands! Remember when you were a mad man? Thought you was Batman! And hit the party with a gas can. Kiss me you animal!"

I was screaming the lyrics and almost forgot this shitty world. It's amazing what man made things can do to you. They can make you feel like the only person in a utopian world or they can make you realize all of humanity's flaws. The song sadly ended and the second one came into play.

I looked around me and had the weirdest feeling that someone was watching me. I turned off my radio and put it in my bag. And the inevitable happened; I saw a car fly past me on the street.

"Oh hell no," I said out loud. I stopped dead in my tracks and ran away from the road as fast as I could.

I ran for about 5 minutes until I thought it was safe. Then being the genius that I am, I tripped over a rock and scraped my hands.

I winced in pain and sat up. I looked at my bloody palms and stared in disgust. Blood stained my palms and fingertips. I hated it. Why? I don't know. I just hate it.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna fucking kill whoever was in that car!" I said.

"Dying doesn't seem so bad," another voice said.

Now I know why I hate blood. Blood equals death.

I turned around and saw four guys standing behind me. The one that spoke had hair like flames. One of the others had a monster mask and the other two had biker helmets.

I pulled out the only source of protection I had; a pocket knife. I aimed it at them, trying not to show the extreme terror behind my eyes.

I stood up and said shakily, "Who are you?"

The red haired guy put his hands on his holster, which was holding a ray gun. "We're the Fabulous Killjoys. Who are you?"

He stared straight at me and I'm pretty sure he could tell that I was terrified.

"You guys sure are far out from your base, aren't you?" I said trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, but that doesn't tell who you are,"

"I'm nobody of concern."