Epilogue

Los Angeles, California
April circa 1997
10 years later

Beth had arrived at the restaurant she was requested to meet at. It was in downtown L.A. and it was small but looked taken care of on the outside. She's drove past it plenty of times and knew it was an Italian restaurant but she had never stopped to see if it was a good place to dine at.

"Do you have a reservation?" The hostesses asked from behind her little podium.

"Um, yes," Beth nodded, sneaking a glance around the restaurant to catch a familiar face.

"Okay, what name is it under?" She began to scan the list of reservations as she waited for Beth to answer.

"It should be under Taylor, John Taylor," Beth stated his name.

The hostess nodded, "Perfect! Taylor, party of two. Please follow me."

Beth followed her to one of the tables which had a nice setup; fresh roses and perfectly arranged silverware. She began scanning the menu that was handed to her and waited for the server that was said to be coming shortly.

Beth tried to process the different dishes she was reading off the menu but the anticipation of John's arrival was scattering her brain around. It had been ten years since she had last seen the bassist. The night of that gala was the last time she stared into those brown eyes, felt the touch of his calloused finger tips, and heard an 'I love you' escape his lips.

Although 1987 was the last time Beth had physically seen John, it wasn't the last time she heard his voice. After his divorce back in 1995, he had acquired her number from his best friend, Nick, and called her frequently since then. However, it wasn't until last week he had asked her out to dinner after almost two years of phone calling.

Beth was hesitant about his arrangement but shook the feeling away, reminding herself that the past was in the past. Now, here she was, placing an order of an iced tea as she waited.

About fifteen minutes had passed and the thought of John being a no-show was starting to form. Beth tried to push them out by thinking he was stuck in traffic. L.A. traffic was horrible around this time and this idea eased her worry.

Beth began to wonder what he had looked like. Did he have long hair again or he keep the short hair look? Did he look as thin as she last left him or did he add on healthy weight? Did his eyes still shimmer and did his smile still shine brightly? She would soon find out. In fact, she would find out at this moment.

The 6'2 musician towered over the small hostess at the entrance, introducing himself for his reservation. The hostess motioned towards Beth and John's eyes fell on her, disbelief instantly taking over his face.

There he was. Her first love. Her Johnny.

John made a beeline straight towards her and Beth removed herself from her chair. Instead of listening to their inner feelings of embracing each other, they stood there, scanning each others faces like it was the last time they were ever going to see each other.

John had short reddish-brown hair. His thinness wasn't noticeable. His skin was tanned from the L.A. sun. He had a single small gold hoop earring in his left ear. He wore a matching black blazer and pants with a white t-shirt underneath. But most importantly, his brown eyes still had that soft look and he finally revealed that room brightening smile.

"Beth," was the first thing he said and he said it like he couldn't believe she was right in front of him.

"Hi, Johnny," she broke into a smile, that breathtaking smile that reeled him in fifteen years ago.