Her. continued

"Beth wait," I jumped up and pushed my way through the dancing people to get to her.
She stopped mid dance floor.

"Look I'm sorry for the way I came off and especially sorry for Andy," I apologized. "When he's had too many drinks, he doesn't have the right mouth."

She smiled, "It's okay."

You're The One For Me by D Train began to play.

"Wanna dance," I asked. I knew dancing was one of her favorite things to do. She looked unsure and looked around for someone but she said 'yes'.

We moved to every beat, god she was a great dancer. We danced to two more songs afterwards, with non-stop smiling and laughing.

"You're a great dancer John!"

"I think we both are," I said as we walked away from the dance floor.

"Beth," the man who bumped into me earlier said.

"Oh, Matt," she looked at both of us back and forth. "Matt this is John Taylor from Duran Duran, John this is Matt Malcom my friend."
We nodded at each other.

This Matt fellow was a little shorter than me but was good looking.

"I was looking for you," he said.

"Sorry, I was with John. But I see this stain came somewhat out!"

"Yeah. Did you want to dance, I want to make it up to you for not finishing one with you."

"Sure," she smiled.

I leaned down and whispered in her ear.
"I'll find you later."

She looked up at me and nodded while a smile. That was adorable.

Before I left, Matt said, "Mr. Taylor, I just wanted to say I really like your music, it's just incredible."

I thanked him and walked away. I found Simon, Roger, and Nick sitting with a couple of girls.

"Did you really let that guy take her away from you," Nick laughed.

"She came with him."

"So," Simon shrugged.

"So, I didn't want to be rude and drag her away from her friend."

"You have finally got what you wanted and you gave it up so easily," Nick said.

"John, you have been talking about her non stop since you first saw her in that magazine," Roger pitched in.

"Not to mention, you still have it and the other magazines she was in," Simon said.

I sat there, taking in their words. It was all true, I have been thinking about her nonstop, I kept all of the magazines I bought of her, and I think I can say I've changed my bad habits.

Watching Beth dance with that Matt guy wasn't fun, it felt almost like torture. I watched them dance through one song which felt like an hour and they began to dance to the second. I kept my eyes on her the entire time. I watched her dance with ease, moving her hips back and fourth, and saw her smile and laugh at whatever the Matt guy said. Now he began to irritate me which was entirely stupid because he seemed like a good guy but I couldn't bare to watch him sliding his hands down to her ass.
I took a big drink out of my champagne and watched them, with annoyance.
-
Beth's POV:

Dancing with Matt was fun but it wasn't as close to the pleasure that I felt dancing with John. I felt his hands slide down my waist and to my butt, I pretended not to notice because I felt like someone was watching me. I looked around until I made eye contact with who it was, John. His eyes were dark and full of anger it seemed but once his eyes connected with mine, they softened. I wanted to be dancing with him instead.