Woman

John skimmed through Beth's latest magazine with the rise of jealousy inside of him. Beth did a swimsuit shoot with her friend Matt Malcom, who John had met last year in London during an after party. John didn't hate Matt, he was a nice guy but he hated the way in the pictures he was holding Beth, with his arms wrapped around her waist or either her neck. However, what eased the jealousy was Beth, he was absolutely star-stuck by the way the sleek black one piece swimsuit fit her curves perfectly. Beth's body was the best he's ever seen.

"John, you're up," Nick said exiting the booth. Nick finished playing his part for the song in the works, 'Union of the Snake'.

He stood up and walked in, placed the headphones over his ears and picked up his bass. Before playing, he tuned his instrument and sorted his note sheets out.

"Ready," Roger asked through the speaker. John nodded. Roger rolled the clip to Simon's voice demo and began playing, hitting each note perfectly.

During his playing, Beth walked into the recording studio quietly. Andy and Simon greeted her with a smile, Nick gave her a side hug, and Roger waved.

Beth knew how unsatisfied John was about their new album and it's caused him to become tired and sometimes stressed from finding a way to enhance his part. She decided to surprise him today because her flight from New York landed earlier than it was supposed to.

Watching him made her heart flutter, she loved watching him play, it was like he was in his natural state. Beth took it in, the headphones sitting of his fluffy brown and blond tipped hair, all his attention focused on his what she calls 'most prized possession'. This John was her favorite John, at peace doing what he loves.

John finished playing, feeling better about this bass line than a few others. He set down the bulky headphones and placed his bass back on the stand.

"How was-," he looked up and the green eyes that he fell in loved with, stopped him from finishing his sentence. John bursted through the booth door and pulled in Beth for a tight hug. She laughed into his chest, she missed him so much while she was away.

"I thought your flight wasn't coming in until later tonight," he loosed his grip to look down at the face of a goddess, his goddess.

"So did I but some how it ended up arriving early," she smiled up at him.

He lowered his head and planted a soft and loving kiss on her pink lips. They both could feel how much they missed one another.

"If you both don't mind, could you go snog somewhere else because this isn't the place," Simon joked.

They parted and laughed at his remark.

"Well how's it going so far boys," Beth asked, taking a seat next to John who draped his arm around her.

"It's going good, we're on the right pace to finishing up this pain in the ass," Andy laughed. John made an intended cough to him and he nodded. Andy casually hid their source of energy, knowing they didn't want Beth to see it.

"We're just a bit exhausted but we'll still be here for a few more hours," Nick shrugged. They've all had the energetic burning sensation up their noses but some a more than others, which was John and Andy.

"If that's the case, do you think you can all leave early so I can take you out to dinner?"

"I could eat," Simon said and the boys pitched in.
-
They arrived at a expensive place for dinner, she wanted to give them a treat for how hard they've been working.

"We could eat somewh-," Roger began but Beth cut him off.
"No, it's my treat," she patted his shoulder. They were seated and were given glasses of champagne.

Beth and John had their own conversations while the four talked amongst themselves.

"I've missed you, you were gone forever," John admitted. He felt miserable without her, especially during this time. He didn't have her there after working at the studio. When he did, she was always there to comfort him.

"I was only gone for two weeks, that's not long at all."

"I know but it felt like ages and I wish I could've went with you but this album," he sighed.

"I think it's going to be great, you're just not giving it a chance," she gave him a warm smile. "Besides you sounded amazing today, I love it already."

"You always know how to cheer me up," he kissed her temple. They both knew each other inside and out, their likes and dislikes, their weaknesses, everything. But most of all they knew how to make each other happy.

"Lydia told me to tell you she said 'hi' and that she's engaged!"

"Oh wow that's great, I haven't seen her awhile."

"Yeah, she misses us," she looked down at her food being set in front of her. "I miss her too."

It was hard for her to leave New York but it was even harder to leave her best friend. From living 30 minutes away she now lives thousands of miles away.

He brought her hand to his lips and kept it in his.

"Beth, you saw Julie didn't you," Nick asked about his girlfriend.

"Oh yes I did, she said she'll be coming back next week and she sends you her love."

He blushed and tried to hide the smile beginning to form on his face.

"How was the show," Simon asked, taking a sip from his glass.

"It went really good and it was so fun," she started to get excited. "I also got to meet Yasmin."

Simon choked on his champagne and Roger patted his back while Andy burst into laughter.

"Y-You did?"

As Beth continued to tell Simon about his love interest, John felt a pair of eyes on him. He looked around the restaurant until he connected with a pair of piercing blue eyes.
The woman had soft brown hair, an almost perfect facial structure, with a smile forming on her face. John's heart stopped for a second as he took in her features. The woman stood up from her table, she had a stunning body and he couldn't look away. Before she left, she looked back at him and gave him one more dazzling smile and exited the building.

John took a second to figure out what he was feeling, it was probably the drugs in his system but the thing was, the only time he felt like this was when he first saw Beth in that magazine.

"You okay, Johnny," she gave him a concerned look. "You look a bit pale."

He looked down at her. "No I'm fine, just a bit tired I think."

She nodded and continued her conversation with Andy and John looked back to be face with Nick, who had saw the whole thing.

Nick looked at John for a moment and didn't say anything, but he knew what he saw.

-
I know this is boring BUT it's going somewhere I promise! Also if you're an a-ha fan (like me) I have a surprise in the next chapter!! <33