Marriage

Beth and I've been dating for four months now, I asked her to be my girlfriend when I went back to New York in February. The time away from her made me realize that I wanted was to be with her. All I could do was think about her and miss her terribly.

However, these phone calls and visiting each other for a week, once a month, wasn't making me satisfied anymore. I wanted more.
I don't know what I could do to have more of Beth.

I got up to get dressed for an interview and performance the boys and I had today. I hated interviews. They ask all the same questions just like every other one, they ask for too much information sometimes, and they're all so stupid. The performances I don't mind because I love to perform but it's all playback so if you miss a note or lyric, nobody will know.
I walked out of my house and entered the car waiting outside for me.
-
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our special guests today, Duran Duran!"

The man and woman interviewers said together.

We walked out from the backstage and waved at the crowd full of screaming teenage girls and grown women. I saw some men too but they were overpowered with the amount of females present.

We shook hands and we were seated across from them. Their names were Ron and Lisa.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to be here," Ron smiled.

"Thanks for having us," Simon gave him one back.

"Would you like to introduce yourselves," Lisa asked.

"I'm pretty sure they know us already," I responded to the dumb question. When I said that the crowd roared with screams again.

"Maybe there are some who don't know?"

"I'll start and we'll go down this way," Simon said. "I'm Simon."

"I'm Andy," he gave a fake smile.

"I'm Roger," he nodded.

"I'm Nick and this is," he trailed.

"John," I waved.

"Let's get started," Ron said. "Why don't we start off with, is there a new album in the works?"

We all looked at each other for someone to answer. But as the most talkative person in the group stepped up.

"Yes there is," Simon responded.

The crowd cheered.

"Can you release any information about it," the woman raised her eyebrow.

"Well all I can say is that we just started this project and we're still figuring things out."

"Do you think it'll be as successful as your past two albums?"

"I think that's the expectation but we also want it to strive farther than them as well. Just keep in mind, we just started preparing for this album last week."

Nick gave them a detailed answer.

We talked some more about the new album as they tried to get as much information as possible but there wasn't really any because our record labels just threw it on top of us.

Once they got the idea they began to ask more personal questions.

"Andy, we've heard your 1 year marriage anniversary is coming up in a few months."

"Yeah, it'll be a year in August," he agreed.

"How's almost a year of marriage been?"

"It's been great, my wife is just amazing and it's also both still new to us because we got married at a young age but we're learning and helping each other grow."

"That's the most proper I've ever heard you talk Andy," I laughed and everyone followed.

I shouldn't have said anything because they turned their attention to me.

"John let's talk about your love life now," Lisa grinned. "How long have you and the extraordinary popular American model, Beth Williams, been dating?"

"About four months."

"How do you do it? She lives in America and you live here."

"Well we take turns going here or there to spend time together," I explained. "We have to work around our jam packed schedules."

"Is this a serious relationship," Ron asked. It was like he asked it as if he had a chance with Beth.

"Yes," I said bluntly to the dumbfounding question. "Yes, it is."

"You heard that ladies, John Taylor is in one serious relationship," Lisa said to the crowd.

The girls in the crowd let out a big and upsetting 'aww'.

"Since this is a serious relationship, do you think she'll be Mrs. Taylor in the future?"

This one stunned me. I couldn't fix any words to get out of my mouth. I've haven't thought about marriage yet, I felt that we were too young, I was too young. I remember at Andy's wedding I was thinking about why he would want to do this at the age of 21, what made him want to be settled down so early.

"All I'm focused on right now is where we're at now. We've been dating for a short while but we both know this is a serious relationship that we're both happy in and it's what we want. I wait until the future comes and I definitely don't dwell on the past."

I didn't know if I said something wrong because they looked at each other and didn't say anything.

"It took my wife and I sometime too," Andy backed me up. "Marriage isn't something that you wake up one morning and say 'Oh I think I want to get married today!' It's not just like that."

I gave Andy and 'thank you' look and he nodded.

They asked Nick, Simon and Roger questions too and they gave them basic answers where they didn't need to answer anymore.

Nick has been keeping in touch with an American model named, Julie Ann Friedman. However, unlike Beth, she does most of her modeling here so it's easy for her and Nick to be together.

For Simon he's completely head over heels for a model from Oxford but the only thing stopping him from contacting her is the age difference. Simon's 23, she's just a few months shy of turning 18.

Then for Roger he's still hanging onto Giovanna Catone, who he met from our earlier days. Giovanna is a fierce girl, who sometimes thinks she's better than most but she loves Roger dearly and he has the same strong emotion for her. They just don't have the courage to say it to each other.

"Why don't we get to what the crowd has been waiting for, let's get to the performance!"

We stood up and walked to our places. I picked up my bass and plucked the strings to check if everything thing was right. It didn't matter though but it was a habit of mine.

I tried to make myself extra peppy, you know what they say, fake it until you make it.

However, the thought of being tied down and all that family shit sat in the back of my head.