𝟒𝟓. the need for revenge

Start from the beginning

"We should hit him now," Glenn said, agreeing with Michonne. Kloe pondered for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek as Beth replied with a 'what'. "He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head."

"We're not assassins," Carol stated, her brows furrowed as she watched the Asian man.

Glenn stood to his feet, limping his way over to Michonne. "You know where his apartment is. You and I could end this tonight," he suggested, making Michonne sigh heavily. "I'll do it myself." The woman squinted her eyes as she debated, giving in and barely nodding her head. "Okay."

"You're making it sound easy," Kloe said, the attention falling on her as Glenn turned to face her. Her eyes flicked between Glenn and Michonne. "You're acting as if there won't be anyone on watch around the entire town."

"We managed it before. We can do it again," Glenn replied, watching his girlfriend as he clenched his jaw.

Kloe shook her head, biting her bottom lip. "But they were distracted. Both times. When we got out, there were nine of us, and we barely made it out. One of us died while getting out, and Daryl stayed behind, leaving us with seven. Then when we went back for Daryl, there were only four of us. We got in quite easily, but that was because the entire town's attention was focused on the Dixon brothers fighting to the death or whatever." The group watched her, while Glenn just stared at her. "If you go back, just the two of you while possibly the entire town on look-out, you would be spotted within seconds."

The entire group stayed in silence as they thought about what the youngest Schmidt explained, until Hershel stepped forward. "She's right, you know? He didn't know you were coming last time and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured. And you and Kloe were almost executed."

Glenn glared at the older man, quickly glancing over at Kloe who stared at him. He harshly walked over to Hershel. "You can't stop me. Neither can you, Kloe."

She raised her brows unconvincingly. Sure, her and Glenn both agreed that they wanted the Governor dead, but bluntly going into Woodbury was a suicide mission.

"Rick would never allow this," Hershel told him, and it didn't even take Glenn a second to reply.

"You really think he's in any position to make that choice?" he seethed in return.

"Think this through clearly," Hershel responded. "T-Dog lost his life here. Lori, too. The men that were here. It isn't worth any more killing. What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now."

On the verge of scoffing, Glenn stared at the man. "And go where?"

"We lived on the road all winter."

"Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours," he retorted.

"We can't stay here," Hershel told him in a low tone.

"We can't run," he stated firmly. Kloe took a deep breath with her nose, staring at the two men.

She almost rolled her eyes, tired of the bickering. "Look," she spoke again, making the men face her, "we should stay here for now. We just need to defend this place head to toe."

Hershel sighed, facing back to Glenn as he shook his head disappointingly. Glenn, who kept his eyes on Kloe, slowly nodded in agreement, swallowing thickly.

He quickly crouched back down, darting his eyes between Carl and the eldest Schmidt. "Carl, Zayn you guys and I will go down to the tombs. We need to figure out where the breach is."

"You got it," Carl nodded.

"You'll need some help," Michonne offered, stepping forward. But she immediately got turned down by Glenn.