8: Don't Laugh At Me, Or Do

Jay's POV

I'm no different from everyone else.

Y/N and I have been friends since we were young. She's two years older than me so we weren't always close, once she got into high school she barely made time to hang out with me.

That never stopped my feelings for her. It's the same story as everyone you'll ever meet. "She never acknowledged my existence but I completely worshipped her nonetheless".

I've known many people who have fallen for her at some point in school or even other idols who have tried to get her attention during a show but no one has ever been lucky enough.

She's never noticed. And I've never tried to understand how she hasn't.

Maybe she knew and she didn't care? or maybe she genuinely had not a single clue.

Whatever it was, it didn't matter to me.

I always assumed I had a better chance than anyone else because I could actually talk to her but when I saw the articles of her and Hyunjin, I was left speechless. My heart was too shocked to even drop.

It didn't seem fair to me. I've liked her since I was 10 and some guy could just come in and grab her attention like that?

I had her first.

I only felt relief when she and her friends told me the relationship was fake. I still had a chance. I wasn't going to let someone else have her before I could shoot my shot.

Y/N's POV

We were all talking in the dressing room, it was the end of the concert and our groups were getting acquainted. I had come to learn that the other members of Stray Kids actually aren't as obnoxious as Hyunjin. I also learned I share a common interest of torturing Hyunjin with Minho.

"Don't you ever feed him tissues without me ever again!" I jokingly threat Minho as we laugh together, Hyunjin looked fearful, sitting in between us.

"Anyways... You guys were incredible!" Chaerin complimented.

"Maybe not better than a Dreamnote concert, but I can definitely see why people come to see you guys" Mina said, a mocking tone of pride in her voice.

We all continued to laugh and joke around before the girls and I invited the boys to join us on our movie night. Upon their acceptance, we got up and left to the Dreamnote dorm.

~

"I thought we've watched every horror movie there is to exist."  Yoonhee says with a bored expression written on her face.

"And I thought one of these years you'd finally disappear but here we are living together." Mina deadpanned, eyes focused on the movie and her hand in a bowl of popcorn that she later passed to Chan who was laughing.

Dreamnote movie nights were always loud. There was always laughter or screams or talking or arguing as the movie played. I've known the girls since childhood so having dealt with this since we were kids, I've become able to blur out noises I don't want to hear. That's what I was doing, but I couldn't seem to shake off the feeling that I was being stared at.

I tried to ignore the pair of eyes I could feel on me but it was clear that whoever was doing it had no shame. I finally came back to the chatter and the chewing and the popcorn being thrown as I looked for who was staring. On my left was Mina and Yoonhee bickering as per usual during our movie nights, Changbin and Chan were squishing each other into the corner of the couch as if trying to distance from Yoonhee who was sitting on the floor turned around and facing Mina who was hanging upside down on the couch, laughing, most likely because the blood was starting to rush up to her head. Felix and Jisung were holding onto each other while Seungmin and Minho sat under me on the floor sharing a bowl of popcorn, they sometimes grabbed the same kernel and argued over it until one let go. On my right Chaerin hung onto me, hiding her face in my sleeve every time something remotely scary occurred.

Why did we pick a horror again?

I gazed behind Chaerin's blonde hair and that was when I made eye contact with him.

The creep staring at me,

Hwang Hyunjin.

He was surely shameless. As we made eye contact he didn't turn or anything. He merely stared. I shot him a creeped out look and watched his eyes widen before his head snapped back to the front.

Weirdo.

As I turned my head around I noticed Jeongin turn around and look at me as well. I gave him a smile and then handed him the popcorn I had in my lap, assuming that was what he wanted.

He must've put on blush for the concert today.

~

I had no clue what time it was when I woke up but I had fallen asleep on Chaerin's shoulder.

At least that's who I thought it was.

Just as a jumpscare occurred, the shoulder beneath me let out a horrific scream and flinched. I got up and glared at the person next to me. My eyes widened when I realized the blonde next to me was a different shade than before, dirty rather than platinum. I quickly came to my senses as Hyunjin turned around to face me with eyes just as wide as mine.

"Did that scream come out of.." My voice trailed off as I began pointing at Hyunjin. His face flushed pale and then pink as he turned his head toward the tv, his teeth between his lips as he nibbled on it.

I let out a laugh and threw my head back onto whoever was beside me which in this case, was Chaerin. Bringing my head back up, I noticed Hyunjin was frowning at me with a glare but his eyes quickly softened and he turned his head in an attempt to cover his smile.

"Don't laugh at me." He muttered, his ears slowly completely turning pink from embarrassment.

Hyunjin's POV

"Did that scream come out of.." I was embarrassed she managed to hear me. My face turned a rosy pink as I turned my head around and began biting my lip.

Y/N threw her head back in laughter while I tried to glare at her, though I couldn't glare for long because the way her eyes sparkled when she laughed had me mesmerized. My frown soon turned into a smile as I simply watched her.

When her head came up to look at me again, I turned my head to hide my smile but I could still feel the heat in my ears. It wasn't due to the embarrassment though.

"Don't laugh at me." I muttered, my hand holding up my chin.

Or do, if it'll make you smile like that again.