20: Do You Believe in Fate?

Hyunjin's POV

"I wish you would."

I went back to my stool as I heard the door shut behind me, meaning Y/N left.

I wish you would.

I wish you'd tell me you hate me so I can finally move on.

That night, I sat outside and gazed up at the stars. Tomorrow my manager would announce our breakup and tomorrow I'd officially never come across Y/N again. I was bittersweet about everything. It was for the better that we end everything now. After all, she chose Jay already. I was only holding her back. But on the other end, I desperately wished that I was the one she chose. I wanted to be the one who got the privilege of being hers.

"You're thinking pretty hard there, what is it?"

Chan's voice put a stop to my thoughts as I felt his presence creep up behind me. He sat next to me on the balcony ledge as I continued to look up. "I'm in love with a girl who isn't in love with me."

Chan chuckled a little next to me. "Yeah, We've all been through that cliché. It's just your turn now." His arm swept over my shoulders as a comforting gesture.

"It's just dumb, I don't understand why I'm putting up such a fight over some little crush."

"It was never a little crush, Hyunjin. We all saw it, You were in love with her the minute you laid eyes on her. I know I was a little strict on the whole scandal at first but.. I got to watch you fall in love."

My face shriveled in disgust. "You sound like a dad." He began laughing, causing me to grin a little as well.

"And if I'm being honest, It was a lot longer than Paris." I turned to look at Chan who was looked at me with confusion written all over his face.

I found myself breaking down as I told him everything, How I fell in love with her in high school, how everything began to how it all was now. The world around me blurred, the sound of the leaves on trees rustling or the footsteps around the house behind us, none of it mattered.

"But I lost her. I lost her to Jay, it 's too late now." I sighed, wiping away my tears.

"Are you really sure, it's all over?"

I nodded at Chan's question.

It's all over.

I wiped my face one last time before looking up at the sky, seeing a shooting star pass. Just like on that lonely night in Paris, I wished for something interesting to happen tonight.

~

Y/N's POV

The shoot was near ending, I sat on windowsill next to Chaerin as a shooting star passed. I sighed and looked away, feeling too defeated to make a silly wish.

"You feeling better?" The sweet soul next to me asked, Handing me a cup of hot cocoa she asked the staff to buy.

"I just.. I don't know what went wrong, we were doing so good.. We were doing so.."

"I know Y/N, I know." She held my hand as I looked into my hot cocoa.

"What's his fixation on Jay? I don't get it! I didn't choose Jay! Why does Hyunjin keep saying I did?!"

"Maybe he knows something you don't," The blonde considered.

"But what would he possibly know that I don't already?"

"That Jay really likes you?"

My expression dropped further. "I'm sick of everyone saying that! He's just my friend!"