Chapter 5: "Would You Mind If..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE-

This chapter is dedicated to acetylcholinee for being my biggest supporter for this book! Your votes and comments are what make my day and I look forward to them every time I post.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

-

Chapter 5: "Would You Mind If..."

I was anxious to get out of the hospital today. Over the past few days, I'd grown sick of the hospital food and the smells of medicine. I found myself missing my own bed more and more.

The doctor said that the car fractured my left knee so I had to wear a brace and use crutches until I'd gotten the green light from the psychical therapist to walk without either.

Sadie and Noah helped me to the waiting room where Jeremy and my grandparents were sitting in their chairs with a bag of burgers and fries between them.

My grandparents were the first to pull me in for an embrace, grandma being the one who hugged me the tightest. I smiled through the pain, but the tighter her grip got, the harder I found it to breathe. Thankfully, Sadie was there to pull her away from me before my face turned purple due to the lack of oxygen. Then, it was Jeremy.

"Nice to see you, sis!" He shouted before lifting me up in his arms. A giggle escaped my lips as he kissed my cheek. "I'm glad you're okay! What would I have done without my only sister making fun of my cooking?"

"I'm sure Sadie would've been there to do just that. I can't spend another Thanksgiving eating dried turkey."

I never had a sibling. When I met Jeremy, he always treated me like how I'd want my older brother to treat me. He was overprotective of me whenever Sadie set me up with those men. He'd argue that they could hurt me like Noah did. He'd binge watch anything I wanted, no matter how much he hated it.

Sadie helped me to my car that she drove Jeremy to pick up from outside the cemetery and Noah said he'd follow us there before climbing in his.

It was a quiet ride home; the radio was the only noise that was in the background.

I was starting to feel sleepy when I felt the car slow down and looked up to see that Noah was pulling in after us.

It was the outside of the house that drew me in when I bought it; the exterior was painted a soft blue color with a white trim, stone steps leading up to the front door and a garden that wrapped around the sides and backyard with bushes of red roses and yellow carnations that were growing with the sun shining down on them.

I noticed Noah got out of his shiny, black Lamborghini. He stood in front of the garage doors with his hands in his pockets, observing the exterior. He was probably looking at my house and comparing it to a shoebox.

Sadie was guiding me to the front door and used her key to unlock it, a homemade 'welcome home' banner with balloons greeting me.

"The boys made that for you."

I awed at the little handprints surrounding the words and the purple mess of paint that was splattered all over the place.