Far away (Chapter 2)

The moment we got to Camelot is when I really started to get nervous. It was a beautiful kingdom no doubt, but it felt cold and unwelcoming.

The people watched in awe, curtsying and whispering. I gave them a smile and small nod.

We soon arrived at a large, marvelous stone castle. It had large banners displaying the Camelot crest, waving in the wind. I stopped my horse when I saw two men standing in front of me.

  I dismounted my horse and gave them a curtsy. "I am Princess Freya of Targaryen. It is my pleasure to meet you."

A younger man with a crown and magnificent robes stepped forward, smiling. "It's a pleasure, my darling!
I'm King Uther, and this is my physician, Gaius."

I gave them both smiles. "No, it's my pleasure. You have a lovely kingdom."

"I must talk to your father, but please, do explore. I shall fetch for you when we are done."

I gave another curtsy and turned. I looked to see a large grass field but a mile away with three large tents by it.

I don't know what, but something told me I needed to go there. Something was pulling me there as if I was a fish on a line.

I followed this feeling all the way to the tents. I went in one and found a boy hunched over a shield, mumbling things to himself.

He had on a worn out brown jacket with a blue shirt and a red scarf tied around his neck.

He also wore long pants and worn out boots.

It was him. Something about him.... I knew him somehow. I felt safe around him.

"Hello."

"Holy!" He jumped up and the shield flew out of his hand and crashed into more pieces of armor, causing them to fall.

I laughed. "I'm sorry.... I don't mean to laugh.... I'm Freya."

"I'm Merlin.... Freya...." His eyes got big. "You're betrothed to Arthur!"

"For my peoples lives, yes."

"Right.... Your people.... So you.... You know magic?" He asked, glancing up at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "What a question to ask."

He blushed. "I'm sorry! I just.... It's banned here so we know so little."

"I do. I know a lot in fact." I opened my hand and a lily grew. I then focused and it turned into an apple.

I tossed it to Merlin and he bit into it. "That's.... Amazing!"

"Don't tell anyone. I'm not supposed to do that anymore or I may get executed."

"How are you so sure I won't turn you in?"

"Magic is not all bad, and I think you know that. Back in my kingdom, my mother used to be the vessel for an old prophet. She would tell things that had not happened yet."

"What happened need to her? And what's that got to do with me?" He pulled up another stool for me and we sat.

"When I was 12 she became very ill. And one night she called me into her chambers. She was frantic, crazy. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and a voice came out of her mouth, a voice that wasn't hers-"

I closed my eyes, trying
To regain myself. The memory was fresh in my brain as if it had just happened......

I skipped to my
Mothers chambers, excited she wanted to see me. I haven't seen her for weeks and was dying to play with her. Maybe she would play with my hair, or let me try on her jewels.