Blood vow (chapter 1)

I let out a soft moan and stretched out my legs under the silk, my bed bringing me warmth and peace. For this was the last time I was to be in my bed. I was soon to be shipped off to a different place. A terrible kingdom called Camelot.

A knock came at my door and I heard it creak open. "M'lady?"

I waved my hand and the drape flew off my window and sunlight illuminated my room.

I looked to see my maid, Celeste, giving me worried looks. "You should get that out of your system while you can. Once we leave, our magic will officially be banned."

I gave a sad smile. "A price to pay for my people's safety."

Her brown eyes warmed up and she smoothed her brown hair down. I sat up and got out of bed, walking to my closet.

I opened it up to see many dresses. I hoped my fathers maids had packed enough for me to make this journey.

I had to dress fancy for this occasion. I had to impress the king, and my future husband.

"Can I help you with anything, M'lady?"

"Just with keeping me company. And please, none of these formal titles. Call me Elena."

She smiled and nodded her head. "Yes M- Elena."

I grabbed a red robe with a corset top, and poofy bottom. I pulled that on and sat in front of my mirror. I looked at my wavy white hair and debated on what to do with it.

"Let me help you." Celeste said. She started to come my hair and braid one small chunk of it. "Are you nervous?"

"A little. I have no idea what this Arthur man is like. And to be by someone who despises magic so much.... I don't see how this was a good match." A small tear escaped my ice blue eyes but I quickly wiped it away. "Thank you. For everything."

"I wish I could come with." She went to curtesy, but I pulled her in for a hug.

"Thank you. You have served me well, and I will never forget you."

She smiled. "Good luck."

She handed me my dark red cape with our red symbol on it. The three headed, fierce dragon.

I pulled that on and left my chambers, going down to the stables where my father and several of our finest knights were waiting.

"We were instructed to not pack anything, and only bring you." My father said, his face lacking of any emotion.

He was an old, worn man. He was once so lively. But his once blue, vibrant eyes, were now lifeless. His dark brown hair had since gone grey from stress. Ever since he found out he'd have to give me away to fix the issue our kingdom faced, he hadn't been the same. He hated that he had to do this.

I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "It's alright daddy."

"Your mother would be so proud of how much you've grown and matured. I'm sure she's smiling down at you."

"I just wish she could be here." I smiled.

I walked
Over to my pure black horse, Zøe, and gave her a run and a carrot before starting to put on her saddle.

We all mounted our horses and began our journey. A gate opened, and we were let into the town of our people. But it was an eerie sight. Everyone from the villages were on the streets in a perfect line down each side of the streets.

None of them spoke. They only watched as I passed, mixed emotions on a of their faces.

They were angry I was making them give up magic.

But they were also sad. Sad to loose their queen to another kingdom.

But also worried. I was supposed to be their queen one day, and I alone. My father and mother had no other children before my mother passed away.

And now I would have to share the throne with Arthur once my father dies, ruling both kingdoms.

I bit my lip and kept my head held high, not wanting to show that I also hated this decision.

But it was the right one. We got out of the walls of our kingdom, and our horses picked up speed, galloping into the woods, towards my new home.