Untitled Part 16

"There you are, Mama, Mrs. Hughes has been looking for you.

"Oh dear, I am sorry. Your father and I were preoccupied," She sad with a slight blush and Mary rolled her eyes. "Is everything alright?"

"Mrs. Patmore had some trouble with an ingredient but I talked to her  and we worked it out."

"Thank you, darling."

Robert moved closer, slipping his hand into Cora's, whispering in her ear. "I can't wait to sleep beside you tonight."
She blushed more glaring at him. His mother was going to catch them and Cora would get an earful!

+++++

Mary sighed. "Why must they be so lovey dovey?"

"Mary, they haven't seen one another in months and they love each other. It's not surprising. Yu were young when he and your uncle fought in the Boer Wars. The distance and the worry eat at you and you can't help wanting to celebrate their... return," she said, trying not to cry.

"Oh, aunt Rosamund, I am so sorry!" Mary said remembering that her uncle never returned from fighting.
+++++
Cora sat down next to Robert, accepting a glass of sherry. She looked around the room. Her husband was home, She had a beautiful newborn daughter and her entire family was under one roof.  She was one lucky woman!